Columbus GPS

barts2

Hi lads my GPS is not picking up satellites 0 from 10 and mode says no fix. The shark fin didn't get a knock off anything. I do remember the unit rebooting the other day and gps has not worked since. Any ideas

Hi Smiller can you post me the correct GPS fakra connection please as there are so many different ones on ebay . I will try pull out the head unit to see if connection is ok . Cheers.

It's the blue single FAKRA on the back if the Columbus.

The white double FAKRA are the aerials for radio reception.

The big black one is the Quadlock which houses the serious stuff.

If you have a rear view camera or rear seat screens then there's another connector below the Quadlock.

The last two are detailed here: http://www.my-gti.com/1294/volkswagen-head-unit-housings-and-pins

That should do it and will establish whether your antenna is duff or not.

Trail the new one with it stuck to the roof of your car (in dry weather) as it is magnetic. This will give maximum reception and show you what you should be getting with your roof mounted antenna.