Regular vs sports seats

Ansum

Does someone have experience or more info pictures, etc of the optional sports seats that can be ordered for the Yeti? I was wondering how these compare in terms of comfort to regaular seats with electrical operation. Is there better thigh support on the sports seats? Also are these made of cloth or part cloth part leather?

In Norway the sports seats cost about 260 GBP but these cannot be combined with electrical operation and one cannot order a folding front passenger seat. The regular seats on the other hand can have both options (electrical operation costs about 620 GBP and the folding front passenger seat costs 90 GBP).

Can't comment on sport seats. I'm still trying to decide weather to change our order to have alcantara seats instead of leather in our Elegance. Just cant decide as both are heated and both look really good.

I think I will ring the dealer to see if I can change the order to alcantara. We have leather in our current car which has stood up pretty well but do think the alcantara is better looking. Any one know if the rear seat backs on alcantara interior will still be "leather"? We carry a dog in the boot and our current car has leather so any muck on the seat backs easily wipes off. It would be nice if the yeti was the same.

I think I will ring the dealer to see if I can change the order to alcantara. We have leather in our current car which has stood up pretty well but do think the alcantara is better looking. Any one know if the rear seat backs on alcantara interior will still be "leather"? We carry a dog in the boot and our current car has leather so any muck on the seat backs easily wipes off. It would be nice if the yeti was the same.

All seat backs are pvc/leather look, even on models with leather seats. Its is only the seat facings that are leather, something which is quite common these days. If you study the brochure, it does state so in the small print.

• Like 1

Coming back to the topic, I talked to the Skoda sales person regarding the sports seats and I was told that shorter people might find it more comfortable on regular seats as compared to sports seats as the sports seats are deeper. So the recommendation from them was to go for regular seats with electric operation. However I would love to hear from others who have sports seats in their Yetis.

Had Sports seats in my last Yeti Urban and very comfortable. Having said that I have never driven a yeti with standard seats. The only issu my wife had (only 5'2" tall), was some difficulty getting into the passenger seat, as the side seat bolsters are somewhat higher than the regular seat. I never had an issue but I am 6'1".

See this thread from October 2010 with more photos of the sport seats:

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/178581-yeti-sport-seats/

Thanks for the link. One thing I wonder about is what happens to the rear seats if one opts for sports seats. Do they still have all the Varioflex features as the regular seats?

And Im still not sure which is the more comfortable option for everyday use: Sports seats or regular seats with electrical operation.

Thanks for the link. One thing I wonder about is what happens to the rear seats if one opts for sports seats. Do they still have all the Varioflex features as the regular seats?

And Im still not sure which is the more comfortable option for everyday use: Sports seats or regular seats with electrical operation.

Rear seats have varioflex with the Sport seat option, just trimmed to match the fronts.

Depends on how finickety you are with the seat position you want or how, erm, broad you or the SO might be.  :giggle:   If too broad of beam you will feel tight in the sports seats. The electric ones on the other hand are far more "open" with less bolstering from the side bolsters and most any body shape will fit. The seat base has far more adjustment too as the front and back can be moved up and down independently. The lumbar support can also move up and down and in and out. On the standard (and sport seats) the base moves up and down as a whole on a weird angle with the front or back (I don't know which as I don't have one) tilting in one direction or the other with no control over that. Also the lumber is just a lever pushing forward with no height control whatsoever - and can you get lumber control on the sport seats? I don't know to be honest.

• Like 1

Depends on how finickety you are with the seat position you want or how, erm, broad you or the SO might be.  :giggle:   If too broad of beam you will feel tight in the sports seats. The electric ones on the other hand are far more "open" with less bolstering from the side bolsters and most any body shape will fit. The seat base has far more adjustment too as the front and back can be moved up and down independently. The lumbar support can also move up and down and in and out. On the standard (and sport seats) the base moves up and down as a whole on a weird angle with the front or back (I don't know which as I don't have one) tilting in one direction or the other with no control over that. Also the lumber is just a lever pushing forward with no height control whatsoever - and can you get lumber control on the sport seats? I don't know to be honest.

That was quite a useful reply. I think even though me and my wife might not have a problem getting into the sports seats as of now, there might be many occasions when regular seats are preferable (older folks, broader passengers, pregnancy, etc). I think the conclusion is that regular seats with electric controls is the way to go.

I enquired with my dealer about the sports seat option whilst ordering and was told no option of sports seats as not on the configurator! Sometimes it feels like we know more than the dealers.

I enquired with my dealer about the sports seat option whilst ordering and was told no option of sports seats as not on the configurator! Sometimes Usually it feels like we know more than the dealers.

Fixed that for you!