Confusion over front brake pads

ecr

I have an Octavia 4 x 4 1.9 Tdi first registered 14/06/2006 and need to change the front brake pads. I have been supplied (by a French company – I live in France) with a set of Ferodo FDB 1398 pads. These look similar to mine except they have a large claw type clip riveted to the back face of all 4 (on the outer pad mine are just flat – not checked the inner). One pad also has wiring for a warning light (I don’t know whether my car has that facility. Any idea what the oem part number is ?

Ok, I can see how the clip locates in the inner piston. The outer pad that I currently have fitted has no clip (understandable because there is no outboard piston). I can't search for parts in France with the UK car description as they use different descriptions here so I really need a part number for the brake pads themselves .....

Anyone ?

• 1 month later...

The brakes were just replaced all round before I bought my 06 L&K and they too have the large clips on the pads which I've never seen before.

Clips on the inners to attach to the pistons and the outers simply grip the caliper fingers.

The rears only have clips on the inner piston side.