Mike's grey Fabia vrs is up for sale!

mikedan123

After much deliberation I have decided it's time for me to sell my beloved fabia. 
It's been a good two years, but it's time I moved on really. 
I've been toying with the idea f getting rid for a few weeks now, some of you may have seen it on ebay/pistonheads/instagram/facebook etc already. Also familiar from Edition 38 events, players show, Goodwood and Essex, top 25 at modified nationals this year and various Castle Combe days. 

Skoda Fabia VRS 2004

Tuning:
Turbo back mufflerectomy exhaust, including de-cat 
Custom stage 1 re-map. 165BHP 292FTLBS torque - 
receipt and print outs present
Samco turbo hoses throughout and all clips replaced to avoid the common boost pipe popping off problem

Styling:
Front bumper number plate recess removed and smoothed 
Boot badge pin holes smoothed 
Door rub strips removed
Aerial removed and smoothed
Side repeaters removed and smoothed - electrics and bulbs stored within the arches for the MOT 
Full re-spray (excluding engine bay which is still silver) - DVLA declared colour change 
Rear wiper removed
Cupra splitter - could do with replacing due to scuff marks from when it fell off :( 

Chassis:
High loop anti roll bar 
Shortened drop links
Chassis notch 
Coilover suspension 
Grooved and vented mintex discs and pads front and rear 
Cupra bushes -  common fabia upgrade as most of you will already know 

Rotiform BLQ's 17x8 ET30 wrapped in 195/40/17 nankang AS-1's - rears are basically brand new! 
(Or standard wheels for a few £ less, or a few £ more if both sets desired. Brand new nankang NS-2)

Interior:
Full interior including floor mat edges re-trimmed in indigo blue leatherette. 

Audio:
Uprated front door speakers
Pioneer head unit - I would include the standard one but I don't have it I'm afraid. 

General
113600miles, may rise slightly. 
Cam belt and water pump replaced at around 70000 miles.
New turbo and hoses at 85000 miles. 
Uprated sachs clutch and dual mass fly wheel changed at 111500 miles. (£600)
Full service history, partly Skoda main dealer - some in between interval oil changes haven't been included to save booklet space. 
Serviced last - 19/10/2013
MOT - 15/10/2013
Lots of receipts from the previous owner and MOT's from 2009.

Thousands of pounds and God knows how many hours have been spent maintaining the car. Washed, polished and waxed more times than I can count. Stored covered in a garage. Lots of TLC has gone into keeping it clean. 
Great little car to drive, enough power when you need it and returns a very respectable 55+ MPG on a run. 

Unfortunately there are a few little chips on the front bumper (even though the front is taped up for long journeys, the odd one always seems to get through).
And the rear arches have slight paint flaking due to using silly spacers once upon a time 

Any others questions please don't hesitate to ask.

PRIVATE PLATE NOT INCLUDED!
WU54YRC is the actual registration

I would include the generic disclaimer regarding tyre kickers but if you're driving all the way down to where I live you're probably going to be a serious buyer anyway. SA65 9NW is my works postcode. I would be willing to discuss driving to Cardiff, I am fully aware I live in a really inconvenient part of the world haha. 

£5000 takes it as it is! 
Open to offers - No part exchange though I'm afraid as I have another car lined up anyway. 

I will also consider selling the wheels and the interior separately (provided a standard interior is given as a PX)
But contact me regarding that as I'd prefer to see it go in once piece, would be a shame to split it all up. 

Build thread - http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/264247-mikes-fabia-mk1-vrs/

Oh it's also the cover photo for March on the 2014 Briskoda calendar :D

I'll attach a few pictures but most of them are on the build thread anyway.

Cheers, Mike  

post-83857-0-07106400-1385302612_thumb.jpg

post-83857-0-18655900-1385302659_thumb.jpg

post-83857-0-47872800-1385302739_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Easily my favourite fabia and had the pleasure of seeing it in the flesh a good few and a real good nose about. I can say the work gone in to it is very good and can vouch for how good the car is and the care mike takes with it, he carries a hand vac in the boot for god sake and is o.c.d clean.

Good luck mike that price is a steal.

• Like 1

Awsome car, cant believe youve only had it two years man! Ive had mine 3 years. . Thrown hella money at it and I bet would still come behind this in a show n shine event. .

Someone buy this for 5k . . Ready made show car with possible 2014 trophies to be won. . .bargain. . mine owes me double the asking price for this and some!

Good luck mike. Someone will get a real neck snapper here.:-)

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Would you pay that much for a car that had been modded by someone else though? Unless the mods are exactly as you would have done them yourself, it might as well be standard.

Have a feeling it last changed hands for £2,500 so it's now a tarted up vRS for normal money. So much ploughed in to it that won't be recouped.

Mike didn't sell it for £2500 lol he got £5k n it sold within a month.. well worth it.. if you do a car up right then it will sell for good money..