Turbo whistle - checking pipes

I think I have the turbo whistling I have read a lot about on here developing on my 110k miles 2.0TDI BKD engine.  It seems my engine is a prime candidate given its age and mileage.

Its not yet very apparent, and only occurs just as I release the accelerator to change gear upwards.  It is certainly NOT the police siren sound I've seen reference to, but it is definitely a new sound, and I've seen suggestions in other posts to check the pipes.  So my question is which pipes are being referred to please as I think I can mange this!?  I won't be trying the self clean with Mr Muscle or similar as I am really not confident reading the material on here, and I'm not sure I even need to, but if there is advantage in doing this, I will ask my mechanic mate. 

Thanks in advance 

Adam

I too get the siren noise, but that's related with remap and dpf off in my Skoda. I heard loads of people discussing about Mr. Muscle, but not keen on using that product. Check for boost leak pipe, intercooler pipe underneath the Radiator. Or jack the car up and look underneath for any small leaks, will be easier to look. 

Do you get any lights on the dash? I'm based in Bristol so I could come to Newport and have a look.

Thanks for the kind offer.  But I wouldn't drag you over the bridge at this stage as it is not sufficiently serious to really worry about yet - certainly no lights on the dash or faults on vcds.  I just need to keep an eye/ear on it, but I wonder if the sounds are caused by a loosening of a pipe somewhere, and its helpful to know where to look.

Thanks again

Adam

• 3 months later...

I think u guys should stop worrying bout the Whistle sound from the turbo boost. Its not related to any problem in the car or pipes or else were. It surely comes in all the Skoda cars as the Turbo Boosts it whistles as it does in my car too.... So Cheers!!