Slight brake judder

VRade

the issue i have mainly is when im stopping in traffic say 10mph or less and i lightly press the brake pedal i can feel the brakes coming on then slightly letting off then coming on again even with constant brake pedal pressure.

Feels like a warped or mis-aligned disk, or the calipers rubbing really bad on one spot

I had this on OE discs, only thing that cured it was new ones 

I had new pagid front disks installed last year, and my car's just developed what I had assumed was just a brake-induced wobble... although reading through this thread has made me wonder if it's wishbone bushes or something else non-brake related. It happens about 50% of the time when braking lightly from over 60mph, and stops if I brake harder. Thoughts?

Thats the wishone bushes pal! a good test is get someone to look at your wheels whilst you drive forward very slowly and quickly stamp on the brakefor 1second and let off.

The person should see your wheels move back around 2inches - Thats your front wishbone bushes.

Thats the wishone bushes pal! a good test is get someone to look at your wheels whilst you drive forward very slowly and quickly stamp on the brakefor 1second and let off.

The person should see your wheels move back around 2inches - Thats your front wishbone bushes.

Oh poo!

^ wot you sed :( Thanks for the confirmation though - will get someone to check the low speed wheel movement at the weekend. 

Hopefully you'll be able to get the disks replaced under their warranty. Would be interesting to find out how easily they honour it. I'll now go and find out about wishbone bushes...

Edited by Guest

I had similar.

New discs and pads from tps so genuine parts.

Discs appeared warped. Tried bedding in at high speed, low speed, all the methods.

Not better.

Got new wishbones, new top mounts, and still there.

Got discs and pads replaced under warranty.

Still there.

The garage thinks it may be wear in the FS111 calipers as they have done 277k miles.

Just my thoughts.

• 4 months later...