VRS TFSI Engine cutting out over 4000rpm?

Hi all ,I have been having a issues with the engine cutting out when giving it some beans ( and i dont mean baked!) also sometimes i have noticed the rpm and speedo gauge return to zero and have had a oil pressure warning flash up on the maxi dot display,lift off and all returns to normal apart from speedo,rpm,oil pressure warning ,swicth the car off then on again and its all ok.

Its thrown up a fault ...........

Address 01: Engine Labels: 06F-907-115-AXX.LBL

Control Module Part Number: 1Z0 907 115 D HW: 8P0 907 115 B

Component and/or Version: 2.0l R4/4V TFSI 0010

Software Coding: 0203000318070060

Work Shop Code: WSC 73430 790 00000

1 Fault Found:

000801 - Engine Speed Sensor (G28)

P0321 - 008 - Implausible Signal - Intermittent - MIL ON

Freeze Frame:

Fault Status: 10101000

Fault Priority: 2

Fault Frequency: 2

Mileage: 156033 km

Time Indication: 0

Date: 2000.00.00

Time: 12:41:10

Freeze Frame:

RPM: 4917 /min

Load: 0.0 %

Speed: 71.0 km/h

Temperature: 89.0°C

Temperature: 32.0°C

Absolute Pres.: 1000.0 mbar

Voltage: 13.970

Its pointing towards the engine speed sensor (crank sensor) which I have found out is near the oil filter housing ,Has anyone had this issue ? how easy is it to replace the sensor ? and can you do it without removing the housing ?

Thanks for looking.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all ,

Just a follow up in-case any of you have a similar  problem,

Crank sensor replaced car now running well,the part cost £111.00 at TPS and i got it fitted for £66 ,If you go to a garage and they tell you you need to take the oil filter housing off then shop else where .

the first quote i got was £250 plus vat (that included the part ,works out they wanted £150 for the sensor !!) so it pays to shop around .

You could fit this yourself if you have access to a car ramp ,I had a go of normal ramps and you don't have enough ground clearance for £66 it's a no brainer.

• Like 1