FL orders log

Truthseeker

Kevin,

You seem to have backed up my theory that my car was shipped to Grimsby and then transported by road to Kent as no "Highway" ship had been near Sheerness in about 10 days.

I think that the Grimsby docks have recently been improved with relation to vehicle capacity, there seem to be about two "Highway" ships per week from Emden. As it's a shorter crossing, and the Sheerness route goes on to Santander and Setubal before returning to Emden, I suppose it makes financial sense. A by-product just happens to be better customer service for us southerners. ;)

Never had one from Sheerness, the last two came via Grimsby as well, first one was snowed in there for 3 days  :rofl:

Just as well you are up to speed on what you can and can't do then. It should be OK to change to Alcantara up to 3/4 weeks prior to build date, so don't accept that it can't. Phone Skoda UK to confirm.

Thanks for the info on how long I have to change options before build date. Salesman said he would ring me back once he'd found out more but still hasn't. Doesn't surprise me.

One lucky new owner on another forum, ordered 28th Oct (same day as me), and took delivery on 25th November.......... amazing!

Not sure what model though, but suspect that it could have been a "stock" dealer pre-order, that was already scheduled for an early build.

If not, then 4 weeks from a factory order to delivery, must be unprecedented, especially considering that FL production did not commence until wk45 (w/c 4th or 11th Nov?).

Update:

False alarm - it's a pre FL.

1.2TSI SE with panoramic sunroof, Amundsen satnav, heated screen and nozzles, heated seats. Ordered on 17 November, told by the dealer "we are told to say 12-16 weeks", but nothing since.

My order was placed on the 13th October (Sunday so would not have gone in till the 14th) 110SE with a few extras,  sat back for the wait thinking it would be 5-6 months, going by my last 2 yeti's.

Went to see my salesman Sunday 24th, he tried to check for a build week none showing, it then came up on the screen as built and at port of exit ready for shipping :o .

Today I phoned and found out  it left Endem on the Weser Highway on the 26th arrived here at 0400 today :o , and is now at Grimsby  awaiting transport to the dealer. 

So its going to be about 7-8 week from order to getting to the dealer, never had one so quick  :whew: .

Got to sort my reg from my current yeti for transfer to the new one, but should be mine in about 2 weeks 

Exactly what I'm considering, currently got 11reg Muscovado SE 110. Eagerly awaiting pix Kevin. :rock:

Fred

Just found out from my dealer, that they have a 1.2TSI Elegance DSG arriving next week for stock (or demo). Pity it's not mine (as it's the same model/engine)...... and I still have no build date after almost 5 weeks.

Very disappointing!!

Exactly what I'm considering, currently got 11reg Muscovado SE 110. Eagerly awaiting pix Kevin. :rock:

Fred

Will be posted as soon as dealer has it  ;)  :thumbup:

• Like 1

Outdoor 1.2 SE. Corrida Red, Sports Seats, TPM, Light Assistant , Spare Wheel and Heated Nozzles . Ordered 16/11/13. Expected 1/3/14. Fathers car, managing purchase for him.

Build week 6 given today via email so I guess that means mid Feb build plus time on a boat?

Passed over the Humber Bridge today going to Horton's Lincoln and had a look in the direction of Grimsby; in case your LegoSM was still there I gave her a wave :giggle:

TP

Not had any news on her moving off the dock yet :wonder: ,  so still nearer you than me,  have emailed them to get them to hide the keys, to stop you having a play and liking it so much you would not give it back  :giggle: .

• Like 1

Ordered my FL Elegance Outdoor yesterday. Will go into spec details in my next post as the main reason for this post is this:- 

I configured the car on the online configurator (like you do) and specified Metal Grey metallic paint and a huge list of optional extras. Armed with a Word document of my exact specifications and prices I visited my local dealer and ordered the car. All well and good so far and I was also pleased with the deal I got including a good part exchange for my near three year old Yeti SE. Last night I was having a look at the new online brochure and was totally baffled and dismayed to discover that Metal Grey metallic paint wasn't shown as an option! As anybody else ordered this colour? I have emailed Skoda UK and await their reply. I will also phone the dealer later today. Just thought I'd post this to vent my frustration!     

Ordered my FL Elegance Outdoor yesterday. Will go into spec details in my next post as the main reason for this post is this:- 

I configured the car on the online configurator (like you do) and specified Metal Grey metallic paint and a huge list of optional extras. Armed with a Word document of my exact specifications and prices I visited my local dealer and ordered the car. All well and good so far and I was also pleased with the deal I got including a good part exchange for my near three year old Yeti SE. Last night I was having a look at the new online brochure and was totally baffled and dismayed to discover that Metal Grey metallic paint wasn't shown as an option! As anybody else ordered this colour? I have emailed Skoda UK and await their reply. I will also phone the dealer later today. Just thought I'd post this to vent my frustration!     

The on-line brochure mentioned on this forum is not the "official" UK one, as models shown are LHD, so the colours shown are options for another country I suspect (I was the one who originally posted the link). The Skoda UK brochure request download link is still showing the old model.

As the configurator shows Metal Grey as an option I think you are safe.

BTW, love that colour, and was my second choice, and a close runner to Jungle Green

The Skoda UK brochure request download link is still showing the old model.

As the configurator shows Metal Grey as an option I think you are safe.

BTW, love that colour, and was my second choice, and a close runner to Jungle Green

I spoke to a gent at Skoda yesterday who told me that the factory haven't yet released the new English brochure, and that it should be available towards the end of next month.

Thank you both for these quick replies. You have eased my mind but I'm still not 100% happy till I hear something official. Yes I also like the Jungle Green and it was on my short list.

I think I was a bit premature with this post as I have looked on the back page of the brochure in question and it states EDITION UK 11/13. Makes at least me think it's a UK brochure!? 

Hi all,

Ordered a L&K 170 in Black on 5th November, build date is currently week 4, having moved around quite a bit. I'm hoping it will stay there. How long does it take to get shipped over? I'd imagine this can take a few weeks

I think I was a bit premature with this post as I have looked on the back page of the brochure in question and it states EDITION UK 11/13. Makes at least me think it's a UK brochure!? 

I am a bit confused Horacecoker.

You are right that the on-line brochure sourced from my original link (can't remember where I found it though), does in fact state "Edition UK 11/13". I suspect that in time, it will be the correct version available on the Skoda UK site, and will probably co-inside with the (official) UK launch in January.

However, that does not bode well now you have pointed that out, as Metal Grey is not shown as an option, so a call to Skoda UK on Monday would be my choice to confirm.

As I understand the new metallic grey comes on line in January, hence why it may be on the ByO but not in the brochure.

Octavia III has similar with things on the ByO that are still not in the brochure months later; SUK deny this is the case mind, so I can only guess they have a special internal use only brochure to convince themselves their telling the truth :giggle:

TP

I spoke to a gent at Skoda yesterday who told me that the factory haven't yet released the new English brochure, and that it should be available towards the end of next month.

Just received brochure marked "valid August 2013" and it shows a double asterix alongside Steel Grey Metallic. At the bottom of the page the double asterix is quoted as "Stock vehicle only. Please consult your retailer".

Fred

P.S. Don't jump on me Graham!  :sweat:

Just noticed brochure is for PRE FL, didn't look at pictures.  :blush:  

Ordered it yesterday, nothing about it being out of date in the accompanying letter. WELL DONE SUK :devil:

Now consigned to the bin! What a waste, why couldn't they just say "up to date brochure to follow"?

Once again SUK are maintaining their consistent inconsistancy..........................

Fred

Does this mystical brochure dated 11/13 actually show the facelift or the "bug eye" Series 1?

I received a "bug eye" brochure after following up an email from SUK about the facelifted model, which led to a complaint by me and the earlier phone call I mentioned.

• Like 1

Does this mystical brochure dated 11/13 actually show the facelift or the "bug eye" Series 1?

I received a "bug eye" brochure after following up an email from SUK about the facelifted model, which led to a complaint by me and the earlier phone call I mentioned.

By heck, you were quick! :giggle:

See above.#46

Fred

Our 11/13 brochure is for the facelift Graham (for internal purposes only). I would guess that the internal one is to obtain correct pricing, additional spec etc and will be subject to amendments. Why customers would receive old brochures is beyond me, maybe there's a mass amount that need to be palmed off  :giggle: ! Metal Grey is not showing on the internal brochure but does show on our ordering configurator  :wall:

• Like 1

So how did Horace get a copy of 11/13?

Agreed Lee, it does seem daft that they send out an email about the facelift with a link to apply for a brochure but then send an old one. As said I made a complaint which has been dealt with very prompltly by SUK and I am assured that as soon as they are available I will be sent a copy.