What double din hu's?...

SNH

I heard about the radio problems too and only have the single Fakra connector on the back of mine plugged in.. it isnt great but thats because I didnt spend the time to fit the dual Fakra connector I have in a box.. just me being lazy, plus I dont really listen to the radio... however when I was shooting around London it seemed to pick up the stations OK.

As for the Nav, its not lightning fast but certainly works well, also depends on where you position the GPS reciever on how good it picks up your location so bear this in mind (mine is just under the dash storage pod and works well enough).. regarding the maps im fairly sure the one in mine is a 4gb card with over 2gb used for Primo, and im sure mine covers all of Europe poss more!! but you can install whatever you want for GPS anyway so I wouldnt worry about that, you are no longer tied to VW maps.. its also a lot more custom than factory, you can change all sorts of options on it..

you should find what you need for nav stuff here

http://gpsunderground.com/forum/

Hope this helps, but I would advise reading the VWwatercooled forum post regarding the unit, most of your questions and answers will be there!

im having some troubles finding information for ANS 810 in that link.. any help?!

Edited by pc15

funny that when  asked audiosources, the difference between ANS 810 and ANS 810B, answer was "The difference is 810 have the knob to control the volume and 810B doesnst:giggle:

Edited by pc15

The radio recption is important to me and would annoy me if it was crackly or kept dropping off. Would using the dual fakra adaptor fix it?

From what ive seen on all of the forums relating to the FM reception the Dual Fakra connector will resolve any issues of signal dropping off etc, I was provided one by the fella I purchased the unit from, but wasnt worried about changing it over as I dont really mind about the radio too much.

Honestly though guys, have a read on the VWwatercooled forum relating to the unit, there is all the info you need on there.. 

im having some troubles finding information for ANS 810 in that link.. any help?!

There isnt specific links for the ANS810 as such, basically the stereo runs winCE version 6 i believe as do a lot of the satnavs you can buy in the shops (dont quote me but im sure TomTom and Garmin etc use winCE) so basically you are looking from versions that will run on windows platform... its not easy to re-jig the software on the SD card but there is plenty of help on the VW forum I posted should you run into any issues, basic rule of thumb is back up your SD card completely before you try anything so you can always go back to a working version should you screw it up.. (i have many a time and its only through trial and error you find out how it works)

Unfortunately Audiosources arent great in respect of helping with satnav software issues, your best bet is DKN on the VW forum as he has been working with these units for a while now and knows them better than most.. register on the forum and drop him a message, he is in OZ though so you do have to wait a day or so for a reply..

Also look on there in relation to the differences between the old model 810 and the new.. I think whoever you spoke to at Audiosources didnt understand what you were asking.. (Lost in translation is a kind way of putting it)

PS, no coding was needed at all.. im sure VCDS will show an error in relation to a scan but it doesnt stop anything working at all. and no coding for OPS etc that worked out of the box.

From what ive seen on all of the forums relating to the FM reception the Dual Fakra connector will resolve any issues of signal dropping off etc, I was provided one by the fella I purchased the unit from, but wasnt worried about changing it over as I dont really mind about the radio too much.

Honestly though guys, have a read on the VWwatercooled forum relating to the unit, there is all the info you need on there..

Thanks. Yeah have read through all the pages on that thread. ...there is a lot! Loads of useful info. Suppose it's like all forums - people only post when they have a problem which can make something sound worse than it is. Other factor is the unit is quite cheap and yet we all expect (myself included) for it to perform better than a columbus or other more expensive aftermarket units

I emailed Audiosources direct for a price and got a reply today. Works out about £220 delivered!

Was this direct from them in china? Latest software etc. damn good price if that's the all in price. Although where would you get the remote & pen from? Not seen anything about.

Was this direct from them in china? Latest software etc. damn good price if that's the all in price. Although where would you get the remote & pen from? Not seen anything about.

yeah emailed them direct. 3-5 days delivery. Company on ebay want £316 delivered! For an additional $15 they'll include sd card with nav software for uk and europe. What remote and pen? Doesn't come with either or need either?

I haven't yet. Trying to persuade the wife that if I sold the bolero unit and bluetooth module that is currently fitted that would cover the cost for the new unit lol. They've reduced the price as their bringing out a new unit - dns810

Pretty new to the forum as you can tell but i have a fair bit of experience on HU's. Have you considered a Parrot Asteroid Smart? 

I had the single din version and loved it to bits. It also has everything you could ever possibly want  in a head unit. Retail is around £400

Pretty new to the forum as you can tell but i have a fair bit of experience on HU's. Have you considered a Parrot Asteroid Smart?

I had the single din version and loved it to bits. It also has everything you could ever possibly want in a head unit. Retail is around £400

Don't think it will show factory acoustic park display and climate control on the headunit or integrate with maxidot.

Don't think it will show factory acoustic park display and climate control on the headunit or integrate with maxidot.

Def wont show parking etc, hence why people go for these types of unit... Also its the factory look, the parrot wont look standard at all...

Hey guys, just bought a used vRS and very interested in one of these head units, especially if they go drop straight in! Any ideas if the difference between the ANS-810 and 810B is purely the lack of volume and tuning knobs or something else also?

I also saw details regarding the new DNS-810 which is supposed to be the newest version, but still seem to have quite a few bugs to be worked out, so not sure if one of those is a good idea or not.

Hey guys, just bought a used vRS and very interested in one of these head units, especially if they go drop straight in! Any ideas if the difference between the ANS-810 and 810B is purely the lack of volume and tuning knobs or something else also?

I also saw details regarding the new DNS-810 which is supposed to be the newest version, but still seem to have quite a few bugs to be worked out, so not sure if one of those is a good idea or not.

They do drop straight in and only takes 30 mins max as long as you are reasonable at that sort of thing.. open the ashtray and prise the silver trim away from the bottom then it pretty much pops off easy enough... then its only 4 torx screws holding the unit in.. remove these, slide the old unit forward, unhook the cables and them its back in with the new ANS unit in reverse order!!

Only thing worth noting is the ANS comes with a cable that plug into the unit, then connects to the Skoda ISO lead.. the skoda lead does not go direct into the headunit.. this creates quite a chunky cable block that will get in the way when you try and push the unit back in.. I spent a fair while looking where to put this and was close to cutting some plastic away from the left side of the cage when i realised that with a bit of jiggery pokery you can get it up and over to the left side of the cage and then the unit goes in easy enough...   (major top tip to make it easy, remove the glove box, this gives you easy access to the other side and also makes fitting the ipod and usb lead into the glovebox easy.. although you need to drill a hole for this and get a rubber grommet from halfords)

As for the other questions you have raised, I have no idea what the difference is with the B unit of the ANS810, however the DNS is now on sale beside the ANS at a premium and this would be the one to go for due to specs etc.. however if you can get an ANS at a decent price then its worth it.. im more than happy with mine and they do keep updating firmware so the bugs get ironed out..

I've been looking at one of these as well:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/D5153E-SKODA-SEAT-VW-EOS-POLO-8-e-2DIN-Car-DVD-Player-GPS-SAT-NAV-Stereo-Radio-/201016268193?pt=UK_In_Car_Technology&hash=item2ecd80d5a1

Seems to tick all the same boxes as the ANS-810, with the added benefit of screen mirroring etc. There's a pretty big thread on the golfmk6 forums about them.