1.6 tdi cr timing belt

when should I renew the timing belt on m 59 reg Octavia 1.6 tdi cr, 45000 miles. it does not mention it in the drivers manual and there seems to be confusion on web sites with regard to the mileage/age as to when the belt should be renewed. ??

I suggest you speak to your local skoda dealer and if necessary call several dealers to check you get the same info from each of them.

Conti lifetime belts only have a 5 year manufacturer's warranty, therefore skoda may advise to change it at 4 year intervals.

This! cambelt threads drive me mad on here.......jrw is going to run his car to 120,000m without changing it (no matter what skoda say) if it snaps or most likely a tensioner or water pump fails before then he is going to sue skoda despite them saying it needs changing at 4 years...... :wall: People spend £15k+ on a car but wont spend £400 on a cambelt change........madness! 

• Like 2

This! cambelt threads drive me mad on here.......jrw is going to run his car to 120,000m without changing it (no matter what skoda say) if it snaps or most likely a tensioner or water pump fails before then he is going to sue skoda despite them saying it needs changing at 4 years...... :wall: People spend £15k+ on a car but wont spend £400 on a cambelt change........madness!

no I'm not, I'm running it to 120k miles actually.

It's what the book states. Pretty simple law to be honest. Skoda haven't told me contrary to the service book and my car is registered on 3 dealers systems.

120,000m is the same as 120k miles???? so your now saying if your dealer tells you when your car is in for a service when its 4 years old that the cambelt is due for replacement you will have it done?? :think:

came through on email as km before you edited it

It's unlikely they'll tell me as it's not long been serviced and it's on long life servicing and it's 4 in April.

This! cambelt threads drive me mad on here.......jrw is going to run his car to 120,000m without changing it (no matter what skoda say) if it snaps or most likely a tensioner or water pump fails before then he is going to sue skoda despite them saying it needs changing at 4 years...... :wall: People spend £15k+ on a car but wont spend £400 on a cambelt change........madness! 

I completely agree with you on this one mikey.