boot space

According to Skoda web site:

Rapid "fast back" is 530L with spare wheel in place and 1470L with rear seats down.

Rapid Spaceback is 384L with spare wheel in place and 1349L with rear seats down.

Size is not everything :)

Rapid boot is massive but I suspect the Spaceback is more practical for some loads, and of course neither could rival the Roomster in the respect. Pity they couldn't put varioflex seating in the Spaceback, or at least have the rear seats tumble all the way forward to create a flat load bay.

Skoda call the saloon-a-like version "Liftback", makes perfect sense to me. Annoys me when the UK press call it a hatchback!

I think the Spaceback's boot would be big enough for most people's needs, it's bigger than a Golf's and significantly bigger than a Focus' 

Pity they couldn't put varioflex seating in the Spaceback

My thoughts too ... I went to see a liftback Rapid at a dealers, and asked why the seats didn't fold flat, when I'm used to skoda making clever, practical cars ... he had the decency to look embarrassed. For me, unfortunately, it's a deal-breaker :(

My thoughts too ... I went to see a liftback Rapid at a dealers, and asked why the seats didn't fold flat, when I'm used to skoda making clever, practical cars ... he had the decency to look embarrassed. For me, unfortunately, it's a deal-breaker :(

Given that the Rapid has a pretty big boot, it would've been the icing on the cake to have a completely flat floor - shame.

That said, I went to Wickes yesterday and managed to fit two 2-metre interior doors in the car with me and my sister sat in the front... pretty impressed to say the least! :D

• Like 1