Thinking of buying a new Citigo on 0%

sleepers

Spoke to dealer... £100 deposit with 3-4 month wait unless a suitable car is already in the system.

get some white bulbs as well for the front daytime lightds they are only about £10 and luck much better than the yellow ones.........

citigo001_zpsf7684de4.jpg

Paying off in full on the PCP & keeping 3 year maintenance: I was told by main dealer it must be at least 6 months of payments, otherwise they will remove the maintenance package? Not sure if that was totally true or just a bit of sales pitch.

Think they have got wise to people doing a 0% PCP to get 3 years servicing then paying off very shortly after.

0% interest effectively means 'free' money.

We put down the minimum as deposit and save the monthly amount so in 42 months time we will have enough to pay it off and have some left over due to the interest earned.

When there is 0% interest (debit) vs x% (credit) why give you money to someone else through paying a high deposit?

R

• Like 1

I think the dealer is trying it on as if you pay the finance off straight away i believe they lose their bonus for selling on credit. But as the credit is 0% why would you want to settle early?

Its the same with the deposit? Pay the minimun possible.

Also how many people on here intend to buy the car when the PCP is up??

I thought the whole point of a PCP is that when its up you hand the car back and start again using the bit of equity thats been factored into the PCP as a deposit for a new car. Thats what i will be doing.

Paying off in full on the PCP & keeping 3 year maintenance: I was told by main dealer it must be at least 6 months of payments, otherwise they will remove the maintenance package? Not sure if that was totally true or just a bit of sales pitch.

Think they have got wise to people doing a 0% PCP to get 3 years servicing then paying off very shortly after.

That is true.

My mate was trading in his golf for a new Jag and did the same

They were giving him £18k trade in and the £15k balance he wanted to pay cash

The dealer is a friend of his, and told him to do the finance for 6 months and pay it off so he got the free servicing

Anyway, I can understand if the finances didnt add up for you

Hope the Fox is a good car for you

The Citigo really surprised me just how nice it was to drive. The test car was a 75ps Sport. TBH it blew me away and of course is better then the Fox. The thing is what looked like a cheap car just got to expensive once the options were added plus a lot of what are options should be standard items...

The Fox has 16000 miles and looks and drives like new and is well equiped. Nice and big inside too. Well anything is compared to a Jimny :giggle: