Toyota Celica T-Sport

DanHarper

I owned one as a stop gap car between my civic and my fabia. Great cars to drive, , nice low down position and stumpy gearstick so you are nice and relaxed. It went well too, brakes werent that bad. As with these engines they rev high so keep an eye on oil levels/consumption. If your looking to buy one check to see the air con works as they have digital climate control which is nice. I would buy another one tbf!

celicavvtli_zps875ac82c.jpg

Guest BigJase88

Go for the corolla tsport

Complete wolf in sheeps clothing

With a k+n typhoon the sounds is almost unbelievable!

My old one

6129_101911383152979_4450741_n_zpsdc62ce

6129_101911376486313_7568302_n_zps1b6854

Optional 2k leather and alcantara! Rare as anything

6129_101911386486312_4891332_n_zps722ebf

6129_101911389819645_1767939_n_zpsa7509b

6209_102699459740838_258133_n_zps69ef87a

6129_101911379819646_4188929_n_zpsc2daa7

And for 189bhp they are bloody rapid!

You get a corolla tte compressor, same 189bhp engine but is supercharged with 215bhp

How do these handle miles?

I've seen a nice looking 55 plate but its got 98,000 miles, last owner for 6yrs, trade sale so I'm guessing its been traded in.

Would make a nice filler for a couple of years until I see where things are heading with the girlfriend and work (miles have dropped off at work, only did 2400 business miles this year).

The Corolla caught my eye too, but to be honest I want a coupe. Is the gearing on the Corolla different? Seems to list different 0-60 times on AT (not that they matter that much, just wondering).

celicas are great cars and great handling with the perk of the tss series as are the corrolas but the two are a fair way away in price

Doesn't seem to be much difference in price, but the Corollas seem to have fewer miles on them. Not many VVTLi Celica's that are that shy of 100k. Shouldn't be a problem if they've been serviced, and they don't seem to have attracted the knobs like other cars do when they get to this price bracket.

3 Celica's within viewing distance on Saturday, so I may scratch my itch for a new car before Christmas.

Just in-case I end up with a lemon my brother will be having the Cordoba on loan (its worth about £800 on trade in anyway so no point), I can always revert back as the Cordoba has never let me down its just a bit crashy and boring...

Guest BigJase88

The engine is a yamaha unit

Do not believe the lowly 0-60 time. Its a complete fallacy for insurance.

True 0-60 is under 7 seconds

With a helix clutch and fidanza flywheel i could completely waste a civic type r 0-60mph. And also in gear. They were'nt a patch

Guest BigJase88

Im talking about the 189bhp corolla

Even thats a beast, i havent tried the compressor (215bhp) but id image that would be awesome

There are a few compressor Corollas about my way that are not much north of 4k... the Celicas I'm looking at range from 3-3.7k.

The SC Corollas are probably OTT for me... the quickest car I've had to date was my Puma, so 190 is a step up (miss that little puma though... rusty and had a drink problem, but was made a lovely noise, gear changes were spot on).

Guest BigJase88

There are a few compressor Corollas about my way that are not much north of 4k... the Celicas I'm looking at range from 3-3.7k.

The SC Corollas are probably OTT for me... the quickest car I've had to date was my Puma, so 190 is a step up (miss that little puma though... rusty and had a drink problem, but was made a lovely noise, gear changes were spot on).

I can honestly say you'll be blown away, when it hits lift (like vtec) it takes off. And your first mod should be a k+n typhoon on it.... Along with earplugs! I've had vtecs with mugen exhaust and fancy intakes but they aren't a patch sound wise

Guest BigJase88

I might be biased but i honestly think the corolla is such a nicer looking car than the celica

The celicas look a lot more dated than the facelift corolla

All imo of course!

I think the corolla would be cheaper insurance too. Think it was a gp14 (old scale)

Any experiences?

Quite nice looking, leather interiors, 189 NA high rev ponies... MPG isn't great but they aren't that expensive to buy...

Had a T-Sport 190 Celica in Chilli red for a couple of years around 2002 - 04.  Brilliant car if you enjoy driving.  Looks miles better than jelly mould Corolla.

Devil creature! Out! Out I say!

Do like the look of them but they would be getting on a bit now. Know a guy who had one and that was 5+ years ago and he said it cost him dearly.

I paid 3k for mine, it was well modded and imacculate, never cost me a penny other than tyres and a new lambda sensor

I would have kept it forever if i hadnt wrote it off :(

Guest BigJase88

Had a T-Sport 190 Celica in Chilli red for a couple of years around 2002 - 04. Brilliant car if you enjoy driving. Looks miles better than jelly mould Corolla.

I honestly don't think so

The celica is soo dated now. The corolla imo (the facelift one anyway) can still hold its own and still looks a relatively modern car.

The celica kept it shape from say 2000.

The facelift corolla came in in 2004 so styling is 4 years younger

Yes the none facelift corolla is bogging but if you had a spare £1000 it would make a cracking wolf in sheeps clothing

As long as you stick to the 190 engine your ok the 140 my mate had drank oil like it ran on the stuff like it makes the oil use that people got new engines in fabia's and polo's look like sipping oil I remember something like 5 liters in 5000 miles.

Its something to do with the 140 having poorly designed piston rings and oil ways.