Does the 1.6 FSI have DSG?

Hi All,

Wondering if you could help. Since my Yeti has been written off :-( I am looking for a new car for interim before I decide what I actually want to buy.

One of the cars on my shopping list is 1.6 FSI Auto.

I gather this engine is a chain cam (tick box - check), I have read that it must be fed 98 RON, otherwise it would be sick and need to be taken in? Is this correct - anything else I should be aware of.

The particular example I am looking at is an Auto - from the photo, it looks like it has the same gear lever as older DSG gearbox - are they DSG or Torque Converter jobbie - if the latter, apart from poorer fuel economy, anything else I should be aware of?

Many Thanks.

Edited by My_Yeti

It's got a traditional torque converter transmission. Hard to comment on reliability as they are quite rare. 

As I'm sure you know, the 1.6FSI coupled with the auto is quite expensive to tax, and fuel economy is not great......if fact a 1.8 TSI would be more economical.....but I imagine the 1.6's are attractively priced.  

• Like 1