VRS Special edition

Crowder2012

Evening everyone,

Been snooping around here for a while and looking at the various cars for sale, I'm very interested in getting a Fabia VRS as they look like a hell of a good car for the money, however the interior is a massive put off for me, I'm really not keen on it! For this reason I've been taking a close look at the VRS Special edition, the interior on these look brilliant and the car itself in blue looks the nuts!

Which brings me onto my question, If i was to purchase a VRS what sort of things do I need to look out for? when do cambelts need changing? what sort of problems might I expect? Common faults etc.

Any information would be gratefully received

Cheers

Crowder

Maybe you should post it in the fabia 1 section for a better response.

I think cambelt is 70k but not 100%

You should look out for rust around rear arches as some threads are poping up latley and the boot around the number plate, laquer peel on the spoiler, leaking rear doors check rear carpet for dampness, turbos are a weak point but kind of hit and miss, leaky egr valve but thats no real issue if its just a small amount of oil around it and just the usual car buying checks then.

Hello and Welcome to Briskoda. :hi:

The Fabia vRS SE is very nice, if I was to replace mine with another Mk1, it would be an SE.

As above, you may find what you want if you look and search the Fabia I forum. Cambelts are every 60k miles or 4 years so check service book for toothed belt change, (the v-belt is aux belt). The other common fault is front bushes although I'm not sure how to diagnose ones of them, (searching forum will help).

If you come across number 483 avoid it like the plague!!!! That was my old one I did 15000 miles from new and not one was easy, it managed nearly 100 laps of the nurburgring, went backwards through the Kitty litter at silverstone at over 100mph in the wet and was regularly seen on the scoobynet trackdays. In short I virtually gave it away at the end a very long way past it's best.

If you come across number 483 avoid it like the plague!!!! That was my old one I did 15000 miles from new and not one was easy, it managed nearly 100 laps of the nurburgring, went backwards through the Kitty litter at silverstone at over 100mph in the wet and was regularly seen on the scoobynet trackdays. In short I virtually gave it away at the end a very long way past it's best.

did it still have the upgraded gearbox?

lol I forgot about that!!!!! Also has a different gearbox in because I spent lots of money on the 6 speed so sold it to Andy before the car went!!!! :D

box has since required a little attention, so the rest of the car might be slightly 'past it's prime' :)

I had number 461, convinced a previous owner had bumped it as the front bumper always looked slightly out of alignment. Was amazing on fuel (best was 73mpg on a run through Yorkshire), though it had a fair number of niggles - rear spoiler paint delaminated at 3 years old, radio had a fault with its aerial (worked when it wanted, even after going to the dealer), had the accelerator pedal replaced at 2 1/2 years old as it wouldn't return fully all the time (fun at roundabouts!). Apart from that, was a decent enough little car, I traded it as I needed a bigger vehicle for travelling to cycling events and wanted to put the bike inside etc.