looking for help sourcing 63plate elegance 170 diesel estate l&k for my dad

Hi this is my first post in the superb section im usually in the yeti section! I have finally converted my dad to skoda and he is away to sell his toyota landcruiser vx for a new or nearly new superb 170 4x4 l and k. I thaught id put a post on here to find out if anyone knows of any low milage 63plates or brandnew superb estate. He has found a few in black and is also going to try the brokers tomorrow as he has no trade in. Any advice would be great thanks!

im going to have a scan at the winter wheel section to as he will buying 4 new winter tyres.

Andy

Thanks for that will pass on details! He is trying to sell his toyota landcruiser through we buy any car! Imagine he will get robbed! Just browsing the superb forum. Can you get t.v tuner as an extra?

I'd try your local dealers.  The VAG policy is that staff have cars for 6 months and then they are sold on, so there's always a good number of nearly new vehicles within the dealer network.  In August we gave our requirements to the dealer and he found us a 5-month-old 13-plate 170 4x4 Elegance estate with under 6k on the clock with some good options (tinted rear windows, upgraded sound system, front & rear parking sensors, front & rear heated seats, full-size spare wheel etc. etc.) for the princely sum of £21,500.  This vehicle wasn't advertised anywhere publicly.

Michael

Keep an eye on Skoda's used car site too...

http://www.skoda.net.r66.co.uk/Results.aspx

The L&K gets the Columbus sat nav system as standard and I'm sure the latest versions are equipped with a TV tuner?

If not see here...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/194258-tv-tuner-for-columbus/

I'd try your local dealers.  The VAG policy is that staff have cars for 6 months and then they are sold on, so there's always a good number of nearly new vehicles within the dealer network.  In August we gave our requirements to the dealer and he found us a 5-month-old 13-plate 170 4x4 Elegance estate with under 6k on the clock with some good options (tinted rear windows, upgraded sound system, front & rear parking sensors, front & rear heated seats, full-size spare wheel etc. etc.) for the princely sum of £21,500.  This vehicle wasn't advertised anywhere publicly.

Most Skoda Uk cars which are sold as staff cars are lease cars my Octy was registered to a leasing company , prepared by Pentagon delivered to the leasing company did fourteen thousand miles in six months then delivered to the dealer never went near a Skoda staff member or Skoda UK as I was told. I was advised to take legal action but wont bore you with details.

• Like 1

Has anyone used companies like Palmdale ( http://www.palmdale.co.uk/ ) to find cars?

I'm based in Ireland and since nobody has bought a new car here since about 2008, finding anything decent second hand here is a pain, so rather than taking many expensive trips to the UK this company promises to find a car for me to the spec I choose and deliver it, with background check and mechanical inspection, where I want it (An Airport near a ferry port most likely).

Basically it sounds almost, but not quite, too good to be true but I can't find any reviews for them that aren't on their own website, so I'm a little suspicious...

Are you going to take legal action mellyboy?

Progress report! Local skoda dealer has 2 x elegance 170 4x4 on order one is a dark brown (is that the same new colour available on l&k yeti?) the other a cappachino. So he is going in to try and get a deal. Expecting them in january. Im looking to source steel rims . Would the superb use the same steel rim as I purchased for yeti? Going to look for continentals or dunlop 4ds .

Are you going to take legal action mellyboy?

Progress report! Local skoda dealer has 2 x elegance 170 4x4 on order one is a dark brown (is that the same new colour available on l&k yeti?) the other a cappachino. So he is going in to try and get a deal. Expecting them in january. Im looking to source steel rims . Would the superb use the same steel rim as I purchased for yeti? Going to look for continentals or dunlop 4ds .

I was going to then was diagnosed with prostrate cancer which took precedence. this was three years ago. Posted to advice potential buyer of Skoda uk cars to check the provenance of there potential purchase , not saying being a ex hire car will be a bad car, but the dealer is breaking trading law if the buyer is told, as I was, that the car was a Skoda staff car which was untrue.