New Ocativia Vrs

xeman

Hi all,

not been on here for rather a while, but i'm thinking of buying a new octavia vrs and would appreciate some feedback.

i've got a mercedes c250 cdi sport at the moment (company car but i chose it etc so its as if its mine) and i'm wondering what the difference will be?

i'm not swaying toward the petrol or diesel as long as i can get 40mpg or around that.

big drop in quality and performance?

Ben

£10,000 or more less in price and i would expect some drop in quality.

the MK3 vRS petrol with 220ps would match the performance i would have thought, being that much lighter,

not so sure on the 184 ps diesel.

Test driving them would be the best way to see i would have thought.

george

Good as I think my Octy is I don't think I'd swap a C250 for one, not even a Mk3.

Edited by Aspman

well the merc is lovely but not faultless, hand/footbrake is rubbish and the gearbox is not particularly sporty.

the main reason i want to change is cost, its costing me £250 a month in BIK tax and i sacrifice a £7k annual allowance.

The mercedes is not that great on fuel either, averages 40mpg where as my previous car a passat sport 170 averaged 48 when driven harder

I have the dirty diesel and covered just over 5000 mile so far. driving is mainly to and from work which is about 20 miles crawling on the motorway at 60, another 15 at normal motorway speed and a further 12 miles on single lane A roads and country lanes. Averaging a fraction over 50 mpg at the moment.

Can't comment on the pros and cons of the Merc vs VRS, only you can do that but I'm finding it a very nice place to be.