Phone Problems

RSA

The only problem I have, is that the dealer I bought from is 200 miles away.

I know I can go to a more local dealer, but I doubt they will look after me as much due to not buying from them.

You've done well to get a new PID, im guessing I wont be as lucky, and they'll chalk it down to a phone compatability issue and not a PID fault

Can you borrow or even buy a cheap Bluetooth to stick in the car to prove your phone works perfectly?

As for dealer, I understand what you're saying but hey it's a UK warranty, and you're entitled to go anywhere. Give it a go & good luck.

Don't know if this is any use but there is a new software update on the Fresh website (version 7.13.9),I have just updated my Garmin unit.Sadly it does mean you have to start from new and set everything up again-pair up your phone etc.Might be worth trying.

• Like 1

Just a short note to say we got our 2nd citigo sport on Thursday which is the upgrade garmin unit. Both my phone and daughters windows phone work perfectly. No bluetooth dropout, no issues at all.

Interestingly one of the salesmen mentioned the pid they were using in their se demonstrator had went faulty last week and stopped streaming music and was dropping phone connections. It was one of the earlier units.

Been playing with it again today, ooo err missus !!

Anyway I wondered if other S3 owners who are experiencing problems can try this out ??

Take the PID off the mount and try using the device to make a hands free call. I do not hear a ringtone as my phone does not enable the 'Headset' function. However when the call connects I have to press the OPTIONS button in the middle of the screen and press 'Use Mobile Phone' and then can hear the call through the PID rather than the phone and the headset icon on the phone lights up. Obviously you only hear the call through the PID speaker and not the car speakers as you are minus the stand.

Once I have performed this test, if I make subsequent calls, I do hear the ringtone as the headset link to my phone is now established so the PID appears to work correctly apart from the initial 'handshaking'.  :rock:

Now the strange part......................

Put PID back in car on mount, turned radio on so able to hear through the car speakers and tried to make a call. Same problem as before - No headset enabled ?? No ringtone heard through radio, only on handset ??

Anyway, when call was established I had to again press the OPTIONS button in the middle of the screen and press 'Use Mobile Phone' and then can hear the call through the radio rather than the phone and the headset icon on the phone lights up. However subsequent phone calls mean you have to repeat this procedure so who you are calling miss the first few seconds of your call as they cannot hear you.

So for me the PID behaves differently whether it is on or off the mount which is not logical unless there is a fault with the mount itself ? I doubt this as all the other features seem to work ok but you never know.

Don't know if this is any use but there is a new software update on the Fresh website (version 7.13.9),I have just updated my Garmin unit.Sadly it does mean you have to start from new and set everything up again-pair up your phone etc.Might be worth trying.

I you go through the FRESH software it says mine is up to date 7.10.25 ?? Although Navigon not Garmin unit.

• 1 month later...

New software version 7.13.10 is now available.This update did make the PID lose all its settings I am glad to say.