octavia mk2 front BREMBO (porsche) calipers for 312mm discs **SOLD**

rob_e

Being removed from the car today, my Porsche 986 brembo 4 piston calipers.

These are a great upgrade for a mk2 octavia, 2.5kg lighter than the stock cast iron single piston sliding caliper, and re-use the OEM vRS/GTI 312mm disc.

These calipers are made by brembo for Porsche. This caliper is standard fitment on 986 Boxster and Cayman.

Mine have been refurbished by brakecaliperrefurbs.co.uk in the correct red to match vag/skoda oem caliper colour so they match your red vRS rears and finished with white BREMBO decals. These can easily be removed if you wanted the script to say porsche/skoda/whatever!

These come with HEL braided brake lines and FERODO DS2000 (i think?) pads which have plenty of meat left on them. Also included is the fitting kit/adapters you need to fit these to a skoda hub. These are sourced from vagbremtechnic (aka Daveb1970 on the mk5golfgti forum) and are excellent.

If you google nqsbbk (not quite so big brake kit) you'll see lots of info on these.

Also take a look at: http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/169744-not-so-big-brake-kit-porsche-brembo-4-pot-callipers-on-vrs/

I can include a set of used 312mm discs if you want, but tbh the ones i have are pretty shagged and these are not expensive so you'd be better off buying some new ones before you fit or re-use your existing discs.

Some pics:

When they'd just been refurbished earlier this year:

8555863660_6006fc5941.jpg

brembo 986 caliper by lotus-gt, on Flickr

They've now done about 20k miles so they dont' look quite so shiny!

More recent pics:

being fitted @ AKS in april:

8621957112_fbcd4dd3b6.jpg

986 Brembos by lotus-gt, on Flickr

8620853701_c94703130f.jpg

Brembo and H&R monotubes by lotus-gt, on Flickr

.. and a pic i took when the car had its wheels off having new tyres fitted 4 months ago:

9244788435_91a4a30641.jpg

H&R and Brembo after 10k miles by lotus-gt, on Flickr

These fit behind zeniths no problem and most aftermarket wheels (loads of clearance behind my neuspeeds) but due to the design of the spoke you need a 10mm spacer to fit these behind Neptunes. N.b. I am also selling my spacers too so if you want these as well (and they haven't already sold) let me know.

Final pic, taken last weekend behind neptunes with winter tyres on, showing the clearance with the 10mm spacer:

11135503295_84f84d2b2b.jpg

Brembo 986 caliper plus 10mm H&R spacer under OE skoda 18" neptune wheels by lotus-gt, on Flickr

yes, i know they need a clean..!

I paid 600 quid for these including discs earlier this year. Given the discs are now worn/need replacing i am asking £500.

Don't really want to have to post them if i can avoid it, but i can ship if necessary at the buyers cost. I'm in Oxford btw.