Why did you choose a Citigo?

Prog

Pretty much the same reasons...except wanting something more fun than my mk2 vRS

Not saying it's not more fun, it just wasn't in my reasoning :-)

Also like the sport, but was swayed by the elegance in the end....just got to wait for it be delivered now

I was being a little facetious about the "better than a vRS" bit, 180bhp vs 60bhp is no contest really. But at legal speeds on a decent road it puts a bigger smile on my face. And I think it's a far better looking car than the outgoing Fabia.

And just to confirm why I reckon it's a good all rounder for me.

I took my table and chairs to my sons house yesterday, got all four chairs in but as the last was touching the rear window I left it out for the second trip. The table is underneath, I returned for the fourth chair and a 3 drawer chest later.

Got a snooker table in it now ready to deliver (not full size :giggle: just a 5ft one) went in with ease. :rock:

2013-12-21150202_zpsefee43af.jpg

I was being a little facetious about the "better than a vRS" bit, 180bhp vs 60bhp is no contest really. But at legal speeds on a decent road it puts a bigger smile on my face. And I think it's a far better looking car than the outgoing Fabia.

There is something to be said for working a car to get it shifting.  Even if it is slower.

Rather than stepping on a pedal and then just waiting until it's time to ease off with little interaction.

Said it before and I'll say it again.  Speed doesn't always equal fun.

I was due to order my Citigo Monday afternoon but couldn't get to the dealership due to the storms. Tuesday morning the garage was still open but I had to stay in due to having to liaise with the insurance company on some damage to our house. Now they're shut until the New Year. Does anyone know whether the interest-free credit and free servicing offer will continue in the New Year? It's a big factor in me wanting the car.

The engine loves to be revved, clocked 1800 miles now since October and enjoyed every one of them! Took it up to red line for the first time today, nippy little things! It was asking for more..... haha 

• Like 3

Now they're shut until the New Year. Does anyone know whether the interest-free credit and free servicing offer will continue in the New Year? It's a big factor in me wanting the car.

I'd suggest ordering from another Skoda garage just in case... Others are open.

I'd suggest ordering from another Skoda garage just in case... Others are open.

Trouble is, I'd negotiated a really good deal. I think I'll have to keep my fingers crossed the interest free credit and free servicing is extended.

Trouble is, I'd negotiated a really good deal. I think I'll have to keep my fingers crossed the interest free credit and free servicing is extended.

I've usually been able to get a good deal, but difficult to say more as you are "UK" so I don't know how local you are.

We bought a 3dr Sport as a second car.  The main reason we bought one aside from a blend of practicality and fun, was that it has a Group 1 insurance category and as I have 2 teenagers learning or about to learn to drive and this seemed like the best all round value for money option, when balancing fuel economy, servicing (1st service was 108 pounds), warranty repairs, insurance costs, purchase price and longevity.