AUX Missing

polfa

Hi There

I have see few posts about this already but none of them fits my issue so had to start as new topic ..

I have Octavia VRS 2007 stereo with MP3 version. Was looking for AUX input to connect my phone to it read ( on this forum) where to find it popped the arm rest box open, looked down and i saw AUX cap popped the cam and then there is a hole with nothing in it? i would expect to see some metal i can plug my cable in to but its just hollow? my question is - would it be like that if i dont have AUX? (from what i read people had nothing at all there) or could someone pushed the metal port inside and its there? is this easy to check?

Thanks

I reckon it has fallen through into the centre console as it just slides into a couple of runners from underneath (as I think I recall from when I took it all apart to replace the handbrake gaiter last year).

If you remove the ashtray and vents at the back of the armrest, you can probably see it.  Search out centre console removal on here and there are some good instructions.

Adam

I reckon it has fallen through into the centre console as it just slides into a couple of runners from underneath (as I think I recall from when I took it all apart to replace the handbrake gaiter last year).

If you remove the ashtray and vents at the back of the armrest, you can probably see it. Search out centre console removal on here and there are some good instructions.

Adam

Good suggestion there Adamal that's a +1 from me.

Skoda would only fit the aux axillary port if you had an MP3 stereo as standard, so the hole you have is more than likely due to the fact it has fallen through under the armrest, easy fix with access from the back where the rear vents are. So that it doesn't fall through again maybe u could put 1 thin layer of insulation tape around the auxiliary head and replace into the hole?!

Just thinking now, the previous owner might have pushed it though after trying to plug the male to male connector ends together, it should slide in easily male to female which is why it fell through in the first place. You might not need to wrap insulation tape around the auxiliary end, just fit it back and try to connect ur mp3 to see if there is any play in the fitting before replacing the vents, if there is insulate!

all done thanks to the writeup i found here about center console removal, took me about 20 mins turned out the clips were a bit loose so i glued em upbefore clipping back in AUX works like a charm now thx all!

• 8 years later...