Speakers stopped working

Hello all. Struggled to find the same topic in the search.

Finished worked and got in the car and on the way home I had no sound what so ever coming from my radio. Originally it was on aux but tried on cd, radio and nothing works. Anyone have any ideas what it could be.

Cheers

Was there a "pop".

Used to be a common fault a few years back, there was a software update on the head units in 2009 or so.

My amundsen had a similar fault but it only ever happened with one of the keys for some strange reason. The radio wouldn't play but my sd card would without any problems on the first start with that key but every start after that everything worked perfectly. The dealers tried recoding the keys and a few other things but it didn't fix it so they fitted a new one under warranty. If it was outside of the warranty period then I would have just left it since it wasn't worth spending 825 quid on a new one but since it was under warranty I got it done.