VRS Headlining Colour.

Went to look at a VRS yesterday and  noticed how dark the interior was with the black headlining. Sales guy says that,s all you can have on a VRS.

Is this the case, because it could be a l deal breaker.

Have a sunroof...

I ordered one for my hatch

It would have put me off it it wasn't black. Second vRS and it is one of the interior differences I am convinced of. Deal breaker? Maybe not, but I would seriously consider another trim level if the roof lining was the more standard boring off white colour

I just don't understand this seeming addiction to black everything. Black wheels look just ****e, you might as well have black steel wheels as from a distance they look the same. I asked the sales guy what this black pack was.

Apparently you pay to have black wing mirrors and black front grill surround. To my mind, colour co -ordinated mirrors look far better and you don't pay, black grill surround maybe.

I actually have a black VW Bora at the moment with black leather seats but the headlining is a nice light grey colour which makes the interior less oppressive.

Still, this is my opinion only, but you would have to pay me to have black wheels and even then I wouldn't.

White car with black wheels, absolute ****e, cannot think of a worse standard colour option.

Sorry if your offended.

I just don't understand this seeming addiction to black everything. Black wheels look just ****e, you might as well have black steel wheels as from a distance they look the same. I asked the sales guy what this black pack was.

Apparently you pay to have black wing mirrors and black front grill surround. To my mind, colour co -ordinated mirrors look far better and you don't pay, black grill surround maybe.

I actually have a black VW Bora at the moment with black leather seats but the headlining is a nice light grey colour which makes the interior less oppressive.

Still, this is my opinion only, but you would have to pay me to have black wheels and even then I wouldn't.

White car with black wheels, absolute ****e, cannot think of a worse standard colour option.

Sorry if your offended.

Eh? You in the right forum? Black wheels aren't available on the Octavia 3.....

Guest Cossiecol

Sorry if your offended.

I personally like the black headlining :)

I order a white vrs with the black pack as I think it looks better.

Re the wheels, there is no black alloys, and if someone wants to add different alloys at a later date then as long as he/she is happy then it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

Personally I'm looking to add a set of gun metal grey alloys when I put the winter tyres on the standard ones.

Sorry if your offended.

I have on order a white vrs with anthracite wheels and black pack. Obviously I couldn't give a monkeys what anyone else thinks as I buy a car for me.  Given that the car you describe is the one Skoda use to advertise the model, I'd suggest that you're in the minority... unless of course Skoda's marketing department has just got it wrong and shown images of a highly undesirable model and colour combination.

Welcome to the democracy :happy:

Another question of personal choice and taste, isn't it?

I never thought I'd buy as white car until I saw my brothers Mk6 Golf in White with dark wheels.

When I researched cars to replace my GTD, I recall that quite a few manufacturers charge for dark headlining.

It's standard on the VRS and IMO that's a good thing.

• Like 1

Eh? You in the right forum? Black wheels aren't available on the Octavia 3.....

Permission to amend this statement, in that no they are not as a factory option but yes you can get OEM black alloys as a dealer option, in 18" matt black (Turini P/N 5E0 071 498 ZG6) and 16" in black (Premia P/N 5E0 071 494 JX2).

TP