Skoda sat/nav head unit I want one!

Skodavrs05

It might look great, sadly it is a very old unit now. It was a very old unit in 2000, when the Fabia was launched. By 2007, when the Mk I was replaced, it was positively archaic. I had one, and replaced it with a Kenwood DNX7240BT which, in 2009, was a pretty modern unit. If you are used to Tomtom then the MFD1 will be a grave disappointment. And it won't work properly unless you get the maxidot dash pod and cabling to go with it.

Definitely try it before you spend money.

It does everything the stock head unit will do, but looks way better.

I personally hate the look of aftermarket stereos which is why I got one.

null_zps922e9b1d.jpg

It makes it feel a much more expensive car with a big colour screen in the dash. But yeah as said, don't buy one for the sat nav :)

• Like 1

I've had two of tees now in different Fabias.

They are an old unit but still love them, look great, nice skoda logo when they switch on, perfect green match with the leds.

Yes you can add iPod, sub, amp, reverse camera, aux input etc...

• 3 months later...

It does everything the stock head unit will do, but looks way better.

I personally hate the look of aftermarket stereos which is why I got one.

null_zps922e9b1d.jpg

It makes it feel a much more expensive car with a big colour screen in the dash. But yeah as said, don't buy one for the sat nav :)

Sorry to Hijack the thread, but Jim did you require anything other than a double din cage to fit that? Cheers.

A double din cage isn't even needed, it's all built in ready.

You might need to cut the very back of standard dash for it to sit flush with the wires being in a different place.

OK. I've just bought one on ebay (birthday pressie to myself!) in a slight moment of madness. Hate non OEM headunits slightly less than the symphony unit!

I guess I'll need this: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281144603725?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and either an xcarlink or a cd autocahnger going from previous threads?

Yeah you will need that and a GPS aerial if it doesn't come with one. How much did you pay?

I personally would just buy a connect2 box and use that since the sat nav unit doesn't play cd's and relys on the 6c changer for it.

Yeah you will need that and a GPS aerial if it doesn't come with one. How much did you pay?

I personally would just buy a connect2 box and use that since the sat nav unit doesn't play cd's and relys on the 6c changer for it.

Listing says it comes with a GPS aerial... I paid around £160. There is another Skoda one on eBay at the moment for £100 but it looks quite used. This one looks pretty tidy, I know it's a fair wodge of cash for an ageing head unit but a 3rd party one would drive me mad. Here's the link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/301142752567?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I have a 6 CD Changer from a 1999 Audi A4 I got given when I was 17 (long story), is that the correct unit? If it's a ballache to fit I shan't bother though.

I paid £150 for mine originally, and have had more money spent on getting it refurbished with new buttons etc... well worth it imo.

Not sure if it will fit or not, sorry.

TBH I didn't know if I'd get laughed at for the price!!! I'm looking forward to getting it TBH. Is the sound quality any better than the Symphony unit? Also, does the display drain the battery quickly if you use it with the engine off? I spend a fair time waiting in my car during the week so I don't want to go to leave work/college and be greeted with a flat!

Don't worry, I think I'll go for a connects2. Which is the correct one to have?

Thanks again.

I'd say the going rate is about £150 for them, a few in the for sale section in the past sold for £150.

As for battery drainage, it should be pretty similar to the normal radio really, I'd suspect a little higher due to the screen and cooling fan.

I've posted a thread in the fabia 1 section earlier today asking about different things that can be used, such as USB and iPod connect.

I'd say the going rate is about £150 for them, a few in the for sale section in the past sold for £150.

As for battery drainage, it should be pretty similar to the normal radio really, I'd suspect a little higher due to the screen and cooling fan.

I've posted a thread in the fabia 1 section earlier today asking about different things that can be used, such as USB and iPod connect.

OK, thanks. I'll drop the ebay seller a message regarding fitting a connects2 unit to the DX.