Front sidelight issue

I've recently bought an 07 octavia II and its been running fine however the NSF sidelight has started playing up.

My issue is that they both come on and then the NS bulb goes off after 4 seconds. It also comes on slightly after the OS one.

The bulbs are both very white bright bulbs so assume they have been upgraded at some point before i bought it.

The car is an octavia hatch, elegance 2.0tdi dsg.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Dave

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If as you say they seem bright and very white then there is a good chance they are CANBUS friendly LED's which the previous owner has fitted.

Or they may just be upgraded incandescent bulbs.

The standard W5W bulbs are quite yellow.

Either way it sounds as thought the bulb that is fitted is on it's way out so I'd replace with a fresh pair.

The side light bulbs are well known to be very tricky to access and remove. Follow this guide to remove the headlights, it's dead easy...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/64315-howto-new-octavia-headlight-bulb-change/

Edited by silver1011

If as you say they seem bright and very white then there is a good chance they are CANBUS friendly LED's which the previous owner has fitted.

Or they may just be upgraded incandescent bulbs.

The standard W5W bulbs are quite yellow.

Either way it sounds as thought the bulb that is fitted is on it's way out so I'd replace with a fresh pair.

The side light bulbs are well known to be very tricky to access and remove. Follow this guide to remove the headlights, it's dead easy...

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/64315-howto-new-octavia-headlight-bulb-change/

Thanks guys,

as i seem to have to take the headlamps out to rectify this i think i'll go back to standard bulbs anyway,

if i take the headlamp units out - a job for the christmas holidays - will i have to get them readjusted or do they retain the correct angle after they've been unclipped and reclipped?

Many thanks

Dave

The design is neat, the headlights side in and out on runners.

When the headlights are adjusted it is the runners that are adjusted, not the actual headlights.

So removing the headlights and reinserting them on the unadjusted runners will see them returned to the exact same position as when they were removed!

No realignment needed!

Managed to remove the headlight unit and eventually the very fiddly sidelights.

I've removed these LED ones and replaced them with standard bulbs.

Total cost £2!

Thanks for your help guys.

Posted Image

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1