rear badge removal

leeco

Hi this is my 1st post so please bare with me.

Just bought my 1st skoda octy vrs mk1 very impressed.

Could someone please tell me how to remove the rear Skoda badge without damaging the paint work.

Many thanks Lee

I would get a flat head screw driver really thin one put something soft ie a thin sponge next to the badge and gentle pry it and go round it bit by bit the get autoglym tar n glue remover after u have removed it to take any residue off.well thts wat uv done before and work might be simpler ways to do it mate

It is always a good idea to warm the badge with a hair dryer to soften the adhesive before you start - makes it much easier to remove.

Another option is to use a nylon fishing line drawn back and forth in a sawing motion, eliminates the possibility of scratching 

paintwork if you slip with the screwdriver !!!

I used a heat gun on low for a while and then got my fingernails in to lift it up enough to get a cable tie under and then pull and wiggle in a downward movement so the cable tie wasnt actually touching the paint work.

the harder bit is getting the sticky mess off after but as I didnt have any chemicals to get it off I just kept warming it up and rubbing with a cloth

• 1 year later...

sorry to revive an old thread but i guess thats what the search function is for, i will be fitting my new style front a rear skoda badges this weekend and i have seen it mentioned that t badges have 2 location pins on them, the new badges i have got have 3 pins on them will these still be ok to fit?

sorry to revive an old thread but i guess thats what the search function is for, i will be fitting my new style front a rear skoda badges this weekend and i have seen it mentioned that t badges have 2 location pins on them, the new badges i have got have 3 pins on them will these still be ok to fit?

3 pins? How strange. There's only 2 holes for each at 9 and 3 o'clock. As long as they're there...Then again they only help to centralise and square up the badge so if you have to cut any off don't worry too much, just have a steady hand. What size are they?