My vRS - Accident & Potential Write-Off - Advice Needed

Yeh the slip road is an accident waiting to happen but there you go!

Black line stu - appreciate the links, but the looks of the volvos just not for me plus quite expensive some of them!

Been to look at a 2.5T Mondeo Ghia today but the interior is awful. Also looked at a Mazda 6 but the engine is dull and brakes awful! Looking out for a titanium x as they have a totally different interior, but really rare it seems!

Starting to think about using my payout to deposit on a newer vRS (09-10 plate) etc!

Couple of quick things...

Was able to get a free car hire through Enterprise today, got given a Vauxhall Insignia 1.8 Petrol. I'm not Vauxhall's biggest fan anyway, but the car is not a touch on the vRS as you can imagine.

It's a 12 plate so fairly new, but the seats are so uncomfortable in it! Aside from that, the engine is pretty gutless as you'd imagine and the steering is so light and over assisted. Starting to realise now that after driving a vRS, I've been really spolit in terms of performance, steering, brakes and comfort.

I've also decided that I'm going to purchase a 2010 plate vRS as my next car, as mentioned above. Went into Skoda yesterday and they instantly found one that looks to be a great price, without taking any money off it. Waiting for a call back from Skoda today about it.

What's the main differences from my 2006 vRS? So far I've got:

- Facelight front

- Slightly amended rear badging

- Upgraded interior (vRS logo seats, cruise control, mp3/aux)

- 18" wheels and neptune alloys (although my 2006 had the upgraded 18" wheels)

Anything else?

Stone chip paint goes higher up on the sills. Not exciting but should help if you're going to keep the car a while.

Thanks Julie, will look into that.

Seems a bit of a joke they can use trade in figures for negotiation as the whole point of the system, is so that you can go out and buy a like for like car! As we know the trade in represents a negotiating tool when buying a newer car, but there you go.

Iv created a spreadsheet for about 10 vRS from autotrader as evidence and think iv decided that I will use the payout to deposit for a newer vRS, 10 plate or similar.

You do have the right to ask them to source a new vehicle (like for like) for you.

If the figure is untenable then ask them to do that.

It's amazing how quickly they decide they don't want the work in that instance.

• 2 weeks later...

You do have the right to ask them to source a new vehicle (like for like) for you.

If the figure is untenable then ask them to do that.

It's amazing how quickly they decide they don't want the work in that instance.

I've put it all behind me, got my payout which I felt was decent.

On a side note,,,,I've put a deposit down on an 09 Metallic Blue vRS, which I'm going to pick up on Saturday :)