Intermittent heater temperature

bf1

My 2010 Octavia seems to have developed a fault, the temperature on the climate control seems to drop off on long journeys, the cabin gets noticeably colder after about an hours driving. Hiking the temp up to maximum sometimes but not always seems to sort things out (the heater gets hot and will then hold the selected temp for a while) I'm in Scotland at moment so can't get to dealers until next week, I called them today but they couldn't suggest anything I could try. I'm sure I read something on here I could try to reset the system but can't find it now, can anyone suggest anything?

Thanks

Brian

Does the temp gauge on the dash drop at the same time?  If so I would suspect the thermostat, otherwise you may well have a problem with your flaps...

I don't believe it does, I'm thinking it's either flaps or a sensor problem

A scan with VCDS should be able reveal the problem, you can see the various sensor temps and flap positions.Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Anything else I can try until I get home? Could do with the heater functioning for the journey back.

I'm not sure but there may be a way to force the system to cycle all flaps and reset them using the heater controls but I can't remember where I read this.Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your help mate, that's what I was hoping to do, if anyone can tell me how to I'd appreciate it.

Actually sorry that is some kind of compressor reset (although I've read a thread today where it hasnt worked for another member also). The flap test/reset thing is long hold of AC and third button from left.

Adam

• 3 weeks later...

Just a quick update for anyone having similar problems, I had the car checked and one of the sensors had failed. Fair bit of work but my dealer charged me for the part and 2 hrs labour, they said it was nearly 4 hrs so I was happy enough with that. Heater working perfectly again.