I'm joining the MkII club!

So you bought a car but someone is still driving it. No deal from me!

Good thing it's not your car then ;) haha!

This is my first time buying new, being only 19, so considering the car and the price, I feel lucky. And will continue to do so :D

It's not gonna be new for long if it's being driven around in the meantime.

Have you paid a deposit or anything yet as it does seem strange for you to agree to buy a car but they insist on it still be driven about for a month or so. What happens if it's bumped or broken into, that kind of thing.

As always when buying a Demonstrator, if it was written off, badly damaged or the likes you would not be buying it.

& since it is a Dealership, and one of many Similar Demonstrators around the UK, supposedly owned by Skoda UK,

the Dealer can find another one the same. Maybe.

Fair enough George but if I'd agreed to buy a car then I'd want it taken off the road until I could take delivery of it.

It's already came back scratched and with a kerbed alloy, I know it's cosmetic and can be fixed but is it going to be driven carefully or like everyone else drives courtesy cars, rental cars, demos etc, ragged.

If it's kept within the dealership then that's fine but it must have to reach a certain mileage for it to qualify as a demo, therefore sold cheaply by Skoda to the dealer and the saving passed on to the buyer.

It'll be fine I'm sure but it would always be niggling me.

The OP is happy with the deal he has cut and happy with what the dealer has agreed to do so let's be happy for him and welcome him to ownership of a Fabia Monte Carlo Black Edition Estate.

I'm happy for iSamage, it's a cracking deal Prykey, I just hope the dealership keeps to their side of the bargain and looks after the car for him.

I'm sure he's going to love his Monte as much as the rest of us do, welcome to the fold iSamage.

Believe it or not I've had an email from the dealer!

The car is stored away under lock and key behind the premises. Will be repaired for me, and not driven since Chesterfield have an identical car. The way he explained it was as if he said "we're sorry our customer damaged your car, we take responsibility. There's no chance of it happening again, the car is practically yours."

So with that, and my private plate on retention... It's just waiting for Skoda UK to invoice them for the car :D one thing I've been wondering - want to paint the brake callipers, should I go red for a little sporty look... Or full stealth mode black? Part of me wants front red and rear black (because they're drums).

That's good news, how long before you get it then, it really is a good deal you've got so well done.

The Monte estate looks the best in black, I'm a bit biased but the hatch looks best in red though, I wish sometimes that the Tech estate was out when I got mine.

How could I forget, no end of times have I read that thread!

That's good news, how long before you get it then, it really is a good deal you've got so well done.

The Monte estate looks the best in black, I'm a bit biased but the hatch looks best in red though, I wish sometimes that the Tech estate was out when I got mine.

I would've loved a hatch. They did have a black and a red one but there's no more diesel hatches available, and after trying the petrol it didn't feel right for me. It was registered in October (OU63) so I assume late January to mid February.

'OU' means First Registered in the Oxford area,   (0,  A-Y)

so that is the area where cars often are first registered when to 'Skoda UK' as the First Registered Keeper,

Did you think I meant "OU63" translated to "registered in October"? ;)

63 just means First Registered between the 1st September 2013 and the 28th February 2014.

You need to look at the V5 or just the DVLA online checker 'Vehicle Check' to see when first registered.

(you can do that yourself now if you have the Reg Number)

the 'OU' is first registered in the Oxford Area,

EDIT,

it was first Registered on 29/10/2013 according to the DVLA Data.

• Like 2