Thinking of chopping the VRS in

grapo

I was under the impression that the Seat, VW and Audi equivalent were on the latest platform where as the Skoda's is the last gen.

remap - DO IT!

This.

Love the colour, front and rear styling are very nice. For me, the front end of a Fabia vRS (especially in black) just edges it in the looks dept, but I bet the FR is a more engaging drive (not that I've driven either car).

I was under the impression that the Seat, VW and Audi equivalent were on the latest platform where as the Skoda's is the last gen.

The 3 door shell should be stiffer (albeit it perhaps marginally) than a 5.

Your Ibiza generally looks a bit lower and sleeker than a Fabia, lower CofG means reduced lateral load transfer = better cornering. Is it also wider? That would help too.

It certainly looks good and shiny, glad you're pleased with it. I wonder what those wheels would look like on a Fabia?

I have to say, I know the Fabia isn't particularly a looker but I just don't like the styling on the Ibiza's. Remove the crease running from the lights down the door (disappearing to I don't know where) and tone down the big bottom lip (again running to the lights) and I think it would be quite a handsome little car.

remap - DO IT!

Exactly.

The Skoda has been left behind in this generation and still rides on the same platform as the Fabia mk1 that was launched around 1999.

Plus the Ibiza is stiffer (3 door), lower and sleeker and you say.

Not so easy for older people to get in, the mk2 Fabia does look tall.  But better centre of gravity.

They've put the battery in the boot too.  Things like that do make a difference.

Skoda just decided to bolt 25kg of ballast behind the rear bumper and leave the battery in the front...

The Ibiza makes a lot of sense and is arguably a better car if you can live with the interior.

I just don't like the look of them in general if I am honest, but I can understand that they are dynamically better and therefore more fun.

But looks are very subjective.

I don't like the new corporate Skoda look very much either.

Was it not just the front part of the chassis updated for the Polo, Ibiza and the A1.

The Seat should be a better car to drive as it's classed as VAG's sporty brand but it's only the smaller dimensions and the, IMO rubbish interior that let's it down.

Grapo's looks great with what should be a meaty engine in a small car.

I thought they had roughly the same chassis, with the Polo & Ibiza having a later revised version that was adapted to accept 4wd?

The current generation Fabia uses the PQ24 platform first used on the 4th gen Polo. A dated but perfectly competent platform.

The FR 2.0 TDi is a good car, drove one before ordering the Fabia vRS that I also didnt really like and sold...quick but didnt drive anything like as well as it went....to be fair the only reasons we didnt buy it were that the PCP costs werent that great, the boot wasnt big enough and wasnt overly mad on the interior.

The engine strangely is in the same tune as the Audi version but remember at the time thinking whilst it wasnt slow, didnt feel half as punchy as the old Ibiza 130 PD Sport we had some time before and wasnt really any quicker than the Mk6 Golf I had at the time despite being quite a bit smaller and assumably lighter...expected more from a 143hp supermini with 236lb ft torque.

Looked smart though and liked the fact it had climate, cruise and folding mirrors as standard. Drove better than the Fabia but would argue that the Skoda was probably slightly better bolted together and had a nicer interior.

Remove the crease running from the lights down the door (disappearing to I don't know where) and tone down the big bottom lip (again running to the lights) and I think it would be quite a handsome little car.

ibiza.jpg

ta daaa

• Like 1