Thinking of chopping the VRS in

grapo

Saw your Ibiza today - popped in with my dad to view/order a new yeti and had a gander at yours in the valet bay.

Was it looking well!? Those new Yeti's look great

Looked very smart! Nice colour.

Just can't believe the vrs had lost that much money! Yours is such a good looking car in grey too!

I'm not surprised really, I think the market for used vrs's is becoming inflated, which will drive the price down further. No one wants them used!

Also no good my car looking nice if I hate the gearbox. This one is going to take some explaining to mates haha

Edited by grapo

Will get some photos up and a little review later, but let's just say its nice to be back in a car where the front feels like it's connected to he back!

Congrats and enjoy! My mate has just acquired an Ibiza 1.2 TSi FR (62 plate in grey) and loves it - looks very nice indeed.

p.s: time to update your profile!

Edited by MarginWalker

Have driven about 100 miles already in the 2.0 TDI FR. Here are some thoughts:

Good points:

-It handles so much better than the mk2 Fabia VRS. Steering feel is slightly better through corners, but body roll is dramatically reduced. This gives a lot better feel and the whole car feels connected to the road, instead of floating on top like it felt in the VRS.

- Engine is very smooth for a diesel, and has some decent pull to it.

- its a manual!

- Stereo and speaker system is far better than the VRS, and the door cards don't rattle at the first sign of some bass.

- Road noise is less obtrusive than the VRS and it is more steady at higher speeds.

- Better MPG (obviously). Achieved 57mpg on a mixed 60 mile run from the dealers.

Bad points:

- The Maxi-dot is a lot nicer to look at than the FR's on board computer. In fact the whole instrument cluster is nicer on the VRS.

- The boot is tiny in comparison. The FR's has a raised boot floor because the battery is under the spare wheel.

- The seat fabrics on the VRS are better.

The FR is a lot better specced than my Fabia was, but I can't really put that in the good points as i'm sure some are optional extras. Here are a couple of photos:

11837771516_9b970a05b3_z.jpg

Ibiza FR 2.0 TDI by Graeme_Smith, on Flickr

11836984305_b375c2ac49_z.jpg

Ibiza FR 2.0 TDI by Graeme_Smith, on Flickr

• Like 1

Like the colour :) and the wheels too B)

I'm surprised that you feel the handling is so much better as the cars share the same underpinnings.  Is this Ibiza on a newer platform than the vRS?

Edit: Also just wondering if the three door is perhaps a more rigid frame than the Fabia's 5

I was under the impression that the Seat, VW and Audi equivalent were on the latest platform where as the Skoda's is the last gen.

The 3 door shell should be stiffer (albeit it perhaps marginally) than a 5.

Your Ibiza generally looks a bit lower and sleeker than a Fabia, lower CofG means reduced lateral load transfer = better cornering. Is it also wider? That would help too.

It certainly looks good and shiny, glad you're pleased with it. I wonder what those wheels would look like on a Fabia?

I have to say, I know the Fabia isn't particularly a looker but I just don't like the styling on the Ibiza's. Remove the crease running from the lights down the door (disappearing to I don't know where) and tone down the big bottom lip (again running to the lights) and I think it would be quite a handsome little car.

remap - DO IT!