Rear Anti Roll Bar

I need some advice, I have an R32 23mm front arb to fit, but am waiting until I get a rear arb.

The problem is I am not sure which rear to get, I thought I wanted the Eibach 25mm, but I have been offered a Neuspeed 28mm for cheaper.

Would it be better to get a brand new Eibach, or the second hand Neuspeed?

Advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Chris

depends on how much you push the car

i prefer the 28mm rear with a 23mm front, its more aggressive though if you lift off.

though 25mm eibach rear is still good, its just slightly tamer imo

secondhand makes no difference.

• Like 1

I need some advice, I have an R32 23mm front arb to fit, but am waiting until I get a rear arb.

The problem is I am not sure which rear to get, I thought I wanted the Eibach 25mm, but I have been offered a Neuspeed 28mm for cheaper.

Thanks

Chris

I have the R32 23mm FARB and Neuspeed 28mm RARB set up and is a great combination.

I would go for the second hand one as they are a a basic structure and not much to go wrong. I bought second hand also. 

• Like 1

I am also after some advice and thought I would jump in this thread.

I was initially going to go for a R32 Front and 28mm Neuspeed on the back as that seem to be a well proven setup but it is difficult to find any used ones at the moment.

However, how much difference is it going to make compared to just a whiteline 24mm on the rear as I am tempted to just fit one of those for now.

I am intending on keeping the rest of the suspension standard by the way.

Thanks

Chris

secondhand Neuspeed :thumbup:

I am also after some advice and thought I would jump in this thread.

I was initially going to go for a R32 Front and 28mm Neuspeed on the back as that seem to be a well proven setup but it is difficult to find any used ones at the moment.

However, how much difference is it going to make compared to just a whiteline 24mm on the rear as I am tempted to just fit one of those for now.

I am intending on keeping the rest of the suspension standard by the way.

Whiteline fine for standard set up, but at the back of your mind will be the thought you have settled for second best :(

I've seen a Neuspeed on ebay for £165, but it seem to be collection only from Manchester which is too far away. 

If there is not much difference between R32 up front + Neuspeed at the back on a standard setup, I think I might go the route of getting a new whiteline. For £150, it's worth a go in my opinion. If it's not good enough, then I can sell it for £100 and get a Neuspeed. It will also leave me more cash to sort out my broken MR2 on the drive.

TBH if you are going from std set up to fitting a rarb then the 24mm whiteline is more than adequate. That way you do not need to change farb and you will have a much improved balanced handling car. It is frankly one of the best mods that the vrs should of had as std.. You will get a much more confidence of handling. Most folks like me only fit the bigger farb and rarb as we have also poly bushed the car and fitted coilover suspension , upper and lower strut braces and with a stiff chassis afford to go bigger with arbs.

Sent from my Samsung S3

As Bowders said the whiteline RARB is perfect match for the standard VRS. The more you increase the diameter of the RARB the more front end grip you will generate. So if going for the Neuspeed 28 mm it's a good idea to also fit an R32 FARB. Unless you like 205 GTI lift off oversteer !

I appreciate all the advice, I am being swayed towards the neuspeed, I was originally going with the eibach after talking to Lloyd (who is the reason behind most of my spending on my car lately) lol, but I thing the neuspeed is a better option for me

I always appreciate your advice Lloyd, but my gut keeps sending me towards the neuspeed, so I am going to risk it, if it doesn't work out, I will sell it on, they seem to hold there value and hard to get hold of.

It's all new to me

As Bowders said the whiteline RARB is perfect match for the standard VRS. The more you increase the diameter of the RARB the more front end grip you will generate. So if going for the Neuspeed 28 mm it's a good idea to also fit an R32 FARB. Unless you like 205 GTI lift off oversteer !

My old 205 GTI was a evil car for lift off over-steer nearly killed me on many occasions not just the over-steer vaious brake failures and gearbox exploding. So as I still have nightmares about that car I think I'll start looking for a whiteline RARB. 

The problem is I don't know what it would be like to drive, anybody local to me, Devon, with this set up fancy taking me for a spin??

I can only show the effect of a RARB on a fabia, which is very pronounced indeed.  Doesn't an octy have a RARB as stock?  

I can only show the effect of a RARB on a fabia, which is very pronounced indeed. Doesn't an octy have a RARB as stock?

I have seen that your fabia is a bit of a beast, but if your free sometime, would be good to see what it's like?

I can only show the effect of a RARB on a fabia, which is very pronounced indeed. Doesn't an octy have a RARB as stock?

The octy does have a internal bar in the rear beam as such which is kinda a rarb but acts like a torsion bar. The adding of a external rarb braces the beam and trailing arms and stops the flexing which causes the wandering / looseness feel of the back end.

Sent from my Samsung S3