moving wheel

rafe1

Can anyone help? . I had a new steering rack and front roll bar bushes replaced in the summer, all ok, but recently I keep hearing a squishing sound from the front drivers side when i come to a stop, brakes on, like a wet rubber grommet trying to escape ( also worse when its wet ) It  hasnt affected the driving and everything was fine until last week i was creeping in traffic and saw the reflection of my front wheel in a shop window, after i stop and take my foot of the brake the driving wheel appears to move back in a couple of inches, like ive moved the steering wheel, but  i havent? Could the subframe have come loose, as they had to drop it to change rack? I only say that because the skoda dealer forgot to tighten a drop link when i collected car. Any ideas would be a great help..

I had the same problem years ago with my cavalier sri,it turned out to be the front lower wishbone rear bush mounting bolt been loose & allowing the lower arm to move fowards & backwards ( id fitted new bushes a few weeks earlier).

Edited by mikey vrs

• 1 month later...

Thanks for help mates, just got it in the garage. severely worn bushes on lower suspension arms, so had 2 new arms fitted, all seems fine, it was getting so bad it sas like sailing a boat all over the place..

• Like 1