extra power plug behind radio

Hi,

I'm wondering if someone have ever installed an extra power plug behind the radio.

The reason is that I will shortly install a 7" tablet and retire the symphony radio! I was looking for a way to power up the tablet behind itself.

I would appreciate some instructions.

Many thanks

Tap into a switched live I think is the way. Have a look in the Fabia project journals for Korbans build thread as he has a tablet instead of a HU.

Thinking about it, the power for the normal radio is a switched live, so more than likely possible to splice a socket on the wires for that I would have thought :think:

While you're at it, think about the Torque app and a Bluetooth® OBD connector

Already have the app working with the bluetooth connector boght on ebay. Thanks for the reply will look into that project journal.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tapatalk HD

Edited by Fishinho

From my post in tech guides here;

http://www.briskoda.net/forums/topic/196288-oem-wiring-loom-colours-pins-for-stereos/

You have two constant supplies to fuse no 45 (20A), & one ignition switch supply already.

8d/pin4 = Brown cable with Red stripe = 12v switched supply with ignition (This according to ISO is for a 12v constant supply)

8d/pin5 = Black cable with Blue stripe = 12v constant supply to battery via Fuse No. 45 (20A) OEM single DIN head-unit does not have a pin for this, as this is to provide additional power for double DIN satnav unit. (This has on other VAG cars been a Brown cable with Red stripe = 12v switched supply with ignition) (This according to ISO is for the electric retractable aerial)

8d/pin7 = Black cable with Blue stripe = 12v constant supply to battery via Fuse No. 45 (20A). (This has on other VAG cars been a Red cable = 12v constant supply to battery via fuse No. ??) (This according to ISO is for a 12v switched supply with ignition)