ColinD

• Administrators

One has to hope that this design does not go the wau of the Montreaux and Tudor. I don't have any kid's, but this has a strange appeal, perhaps even more alerting is the new grill design.

If one of the many great Skoda traditions is upheld, then that is maybe the nose for the next generation of models?

It looks a bit Mazda-ish the grill, with a hint of Toyota :)

And it does look rather strange, but if it is anything like the new Renault Megane, it will probably grow on me...

Originally posted by usico in this post

Excellent - a return to the innovative ideas from the Skoda of (very) old.

Just pray they go this way as opposed to some silly Toerag look-a-like...

On the first statement I totally agree, but with the second hmmm no!

The Touareng is a great SUV, it's in the same class as the Merc ML-series aswell as the BMW X5-series.

Cheers,

FD

Originally posted by FightingDiva in this post

The Touareng is a great SUV, it's in the same class as the Merc ML-series aswell as the BMW X5-series.

FD

Sorry FD, I just don't like SUV's! If you had as many cluttering up the place as we do here you may agree!

And just don't get me started on the Cayenne!!

Cheers

I don't know about you guys but in my opinion it's good to have a variaty of things to choose from.

If you don't like SUV's i can respect that, but you also need to respect people that do like SUV's :)

And I like the Touareng a lot more that the ugly looking Cayene.

Cheers,

FD

I think it is the manufacurer's who are culpable here - in the Cayenne especially, they are providing answers for questions that nobody asked.

Choice and innovation are great of course - witness the Citroen Pluriel - but the "me too" mentality is all getting a little silly - there are even rumours of a Jaguar SUV. Arrgh!!!

As for what Dr. Porsche would think of that great hulk, God only knows. If it were me, I'd be spinning in my grave...

Czech engineers are know to have a good reputation throughout history, unfortunatly they got caught up by the big redblock society and devolved let's say 100 years.

Instead of constructing nice classic cars like the ones in early 1900, they starded engineering other things like shoebox-cars for the redblock's.

/FD