Renewal soon!

VRade

Hello all

I have my renewal soon (28th Jan/14), Im wanting to switch to another insurer that's mod friendly.

Any really good recommendations?

tried Adrian Flux ages ago and that was farrrr to expensive.

Kindest regards

Adrian

Try all the forum sponsors. We're all a friendly bunch :) and you should be able to get the best deal on here.

Rang Greenlight - Quote £898 - 22yr old, Held licence 4yrs & 3yr NCB, LA9 postcode.#

Ill give you a ring ChrisKnott

• Sponsor

Hello all

I have my renewal soon (28th Jan/14), Im wanting to switch to another insurer that's mod friendly.

Any really good recommendations?

tried Adrian Flux ages ago and that was farrrr to expensive.

Kindest regards

Adrian

Hi,

If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be more than happy to take another look at it to see if I can help as our schemes are always changing.

Regards,

Dan.

Hi,

If you wanted to PM me your details I'd be more than happy to take another look at it to see if I can help as our schemes are always changing.

Regards,

Dan.

Ill give you a ring tomorrow Flux see how you compare nowadays!

I tried all the sponsors of the site but all were way off the mark, I ended up with quote me happy and insured the Fabia VRS with the wife as a named driver for £212 fully comp.

OK, so you have to manage your own account and print off your documents but as long as the Police are satisfied I am insured, I am happy.

Retired IAM member 20 years no claim, 10k per annum, Hastings basic £160. Upgraded to better policy with same company for £200. I

I tried sponsors on the site to give my support to Briskoda and to try and get a good deal. I thought all the sponsors were joking when they came back to me with stupid prices. Stupidest of all was Skoda who wanted £900, Two years ago I insured three cars for that!

I'm happy with the policy I bought and the kids love the meerkat.

Come on sponsors get with it.

Retired IAM member 20 years no claim, 10k per annum, Hastings basic £160. Upgraded to better policy with same company for £200. I

I tried sponsors on the site to give my support to Briskoda and to try and get a good deal. I thought all the sponsors were joking when they came back to me with stupid prices. Stupidest of all was Skoda who wanted £900, Two years ago I insured three cars for that!

I'm happy with the policy I bought and the kids love the meerkat.

Come on sponsors get with it.

If you have a standard UK , non performance car (?) this opens up the whole market to you and may not be what the club sponsors are really looking for. 

If you have a standard UK , non performance car (?) this opens up the whole market to you and may not be what the club sponsors are really looking for. 

That's the impression I got from the quotes given my Flux and Chris Knott. Nothing to do with the service, the people on the phone I spoke to were friendly, professional and patient. Unfortunately the quotes given were 2-3 times what I'd got from a quick search on a comparison site... in fact, I felt sorry for one person I spoke to after they apologised for wasting my time. I gave up after that and just went with the quote from the comparison site. Meerkat is on its way.  :giggle:

I'm 33, Type 1 Diabetic, self employed, working in an profession that probably isn't insurance-friendly and have only 1 year NCB after putting driving off for around 15 years due to the cost of insurance. Postcode isn't a bad'un as far as I'm aware though. Maybe the forum sponsors will be more competitive in a few year's time for me? Who knows? If they had a "too scared to claim on insurance due to the cost, and would rather foot the bill myself, but have to have insurance to be legal" clause I could sign up to, maybe that would help?

Insurance is a funny one. The risk a person/car combo poses doesn't change, but the prices do... wildly. Worst quote I got over the phone (I can't remember who with) was over £1700 for a standard diesel Fabia. I the end I paid £550.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm with Adrian Flux due to end 28th of Feb. I'm 26, 1 year ncb on previous policy with a ban on my license. £730 very happy.

I've been getting similar quotes from money supermarket with an extra year ncb for my renewal . Not impressed.

I'm happy to get a quote from one of the site sponsors if they think they can beat that.