Who's had a breather pipe mod fitted and it worked? (vrs oil consumption fix)

woodsy

Not really a heavy Oil User then.  

Many are happy to expect & accept that sort of oil use.  If that Modification reduces it permanently then great.

Skoda Dealers or Skoda UK have often said that is acceptable.

'Might use as much as 0.5 Litres in 1000 km'. (621 miles)

?

How many km has your car covered now,

and when was it built?

Edited by goneoffSKi

30,000km, built April 2012. As you say, not a heavy user*, though any reduction would naturally be welcome.

* By the standards of some of these motors. I am told Toyota Australia regards 1L/8000km as its acceptable limit.

Edited by OzFabia
  • Like 1

Well i need a new clutch too as thats screwed, so i havent got the car back yet... but ... the engine part (for the engine) is 03C100092DX

i also have an engine number of CAV XXXXX so it'll be interesting to see if that changes.....

Was your DSG playing up before the Engine and they knew you required new Clutch packs,

or was this discovered when they were doing the Engine Transplant or after when road testing?

03C100092DX  is the Parts Number for a 'Base 1.4 TSI 'CAVE' Engine', which can be purchased from various sources

comes with an Unique Individual Stamped Engine Number on the block.

Edited by goneoffSKi

Well, i had a few issues , sometimes rare a stutter when setting off quickly , or a loud bang and no gears so had to start stop the engine and all was fine , prob happened about 4/5 times in 5 months, and when giving it some beans, the gear number on the dash would flash and the car would coast and not go into gear, so i'd have to stop start the engine.  if i drove steady, it'd be fine though (but who buys a nippy car to drive it steady all the time)

So i got a call saying, ive had the engine swapped but they found 'the problem' with the clutch and it needs a new one, they would cover parts and 40% of labour, so it cost me £320 in total for a new clutch and engine (fully covered by warranty).  It certainly does feel alot nippier. 

I asked about if they change the engine from a CAVE to CTHE and the answer i got was they engine would be the same as the ECU would be a CAVE one , and they arent chaging that....

They also said i'd get a 1 yr warrenty, so i might contact skoda uk and see if they can do better as someone above had been offered 2 years

Has your dealer been working with Skoda UK CS with a Case No / history log for your VIN.

It would appear to me that your car is not long out of warranty, on that basis I would be putting in a goodwill claim with Skoda UK CS. Recovering the cost your dealer has charged you.

How did the dealer come up with the 60% figure for labour you had to pay?

Ring and more importantly Write (e-mail) to Skoda UK with your case details and get them to respond in writing with your specific allocated Case No.

I had it done to mine to test if it would make any difference to the oil consumption but had a minimal affect and needed the engine replacing in the end. The service guy said that it is very rare that it makes any difference in the end.

• Like 1

Does anybody know how much this modification would be if the warranty has expired . I have decided that I will be keeping the car now and was wondering if it is worth having this done as a preventative measure although mine seems to be using less know that when I had it approx 1 year ago approx 250 ml per 2 mths 1000 miles of varied driving lots of short cold runs which I presume is worst case for oil usage. Has anybody paid for this thanks.

You certainly should push skoda UK hq to see to paying to have the modification done at their expense. There should have been a service campaign when they were in warranty. But you need to see about the CAVE Engine. Because they knew they were failing or going to from 2010 on. They were in the SEAT's