Will I Have Front Assist?

It was being blamed for long waiting times. Odd how they are no shorter after it went.

Doesn't seem to be affecting the golf or a3, probably just an excuse?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

my guess is cost, but even then if still could have been an optional extra.

My second guess is that VW didnt want Skoda to have a 'technologically advanced' car which would pull drivers away from the more expensive, yet not much bigger, Passat or A4

This seems to be a variable.

I ordered my car in November 2013, build week was Week 1 2014, I had the car by Week 3 2014. Car was delivered without Front Assist or ACC even though I had ordered it.

I ordered my car in November 2013, build week was Week 1 2014, I had the car by Week 3 2014. Car was delivered without Front Assist or ACC even though I had ordered it.

So what did you do?

My car was ordered in September, with FA as standard and ACC as an option and it will be rejected if they are not fitted. Did the dealer explain, warn, do anything?

The day before I picked up the car, I got a call from dealer saying they had the car but they had noticed ACC was missing, so they offered my a refund equal to the additional cost, £350 compensation, and the rubber boot mat for free, or alternatively reject the car. I accepted their offer. ACC could not, apparently, be retrofitted.

An oversight, perhaps, but I only noticed FA was missing last week as I randomly recalled reading about it in the brochure. So I called the dealer (they hadn't noticed it either) and I'm awaiting a call back. I think it caught the dealer off guard as he didn't seem to be know about the issue. He's checked the brochures, and noticed latest one doesn't offer FA or ACC at all for 2014 (as we all know). So he's on the blower to Skoda Factory and I'm waiting to hear back.

Edited by danmaca
  • Like 1

Interesting. I was offered two potential delivery dates; one with ACC and an earlier one without.

As I am not in any real hurry I didn't think twice about waiting for ACC.

Keep us posted on the FA response from the dealer.

The day before I picked up the car, I got a call from dealer saying they had the car but they had noticed ACC was missing, so they offered my a refund equal to the additional cost, £350 compensation, and the rubber boot mat for free, or alternatively reject the car. I accepted their offer. ACC could not, apparently, be retrofitted.

An oversight, perhaps, but I only noticed FA was missing last week as I randomly recalled reading about it in the brochure. So I called the dealer (they hadn't noticed it either) and I'm awaiting a call back. I think it caught the dealer off guard as he didn't seem to be know about the issue. He's checked the brochures, and noticed latest one doesn't offer FA or ACC at all for 2014 (as we all know). So he's on the blower to Skoda Factory and I'm waiting to hear back.

I had ordered my car assuming FA would be there (the dealer didn't know it had been dropped) , but found out about it before it was built. I got £300 from the dealer and £500 from Skoda UK by way of compensation.

• Like 1

I had ordered my car assuming FA would be there (the dealer didn't know it had been dropped) , but found out about it before it was built. I got £300 from the dealer and £500 from Skoda UK by way of compensation.

That's good to know. £300 would have been the price for fitting it the SE or vRS (August & October Brochure), although it should have been standard on my Elegance

Ordered my car on the last weekend of Sept 2013, mk3 elegance estate, ticked the box for acc but it came back that acc had been removed from the ops list so had parking assist instead, same money, car built wk 51 got it 2nd week Jan 2014 with front assist but no acc.

Price of the cars did not go down when FA was removed ???

ACC is only soft ware on top of FA so yes I'm in the camp that thinks that VW removed the 2 items to stop Skodas being a better deal than a new VW or Audi , well they still are or we would all be buying golfs or A3's so think about it VW.

Colin.

Both options were dropped before November, a bulletin went out to all dealers. This is only in the UK, no problems in other European countries where it is still available, so supply problems and not wanting to be better than VW are red herrings. Just another strange Skoda UK decision to restrict options. In other markets you can spec footwell lights, folding mirrors on vRS etc

Both options were dropped before November, a bulletin went out to all dealers. This is only in the UK, no problems in other European countries where it is still available, so supply problems and not wanting to be better than VW are red herrings. Just another strange Skoda UK decision to restrict options. In other markets you can spec footwell lights, folding mirrors on vRS etc

That's good to know. I ordered mine on 1st November, and picked it up 24th January. At no point was I told I wouldn't get it until I got a call on 23rd January saying ACC was missing. I'll chase up the dealer re FA and update accordingly

That's good to know. I ordered mine on 1st November, and picked it up 24th January. At no point was I told I wouldn't get it until I got a call on 23rd January saying ACC was missing. I'll chase up the dealer re FA and update accordingly

How did you get your car so quickly? It seems slightly out of kilter with everyone else's timescales.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Tbh I don't know. I got my elegance very quickly with plenty of add ons ordered too. I ordered on 1st November at the dealer. Was told a week later the build week would be 01/14 so I could expect car mid January. I did say I needed the car mid January or no sale as I work at sea. I doubt that made a different though