Anyone been to Blyton Park?

ColinD

Ill probably come along to this (if allowed...) Blyton is probably my fav track, its corner on corner on corner and very little to crash into  :love:  imo its very hard physically tho, and the slightest lapse in concentration and youll start missing apex's by miles. It can also be quite hard on the car, with some fast corners, and 3 100+ braking zones within a minute. 

Ill probably come along to this (if allowed...) Blyton is probably my fav track, its corner on corner on corner and very little to crash into  :love:  imo its very hard physically tho, and the slightest lapse in concentration and youll start missing apex's by miles. It can also be quite hard on the car, with some fast corners, and 3 100+ braking zones within a minute. 

I don't think i hit 100 3 times on Blyton.

Might be that it was my first trackday, in the wet.

I assume twice on the back straight and once more into that rather difficult late apex left.

I was exaggerating for effect :) (or speedo numbers should make it/get close)

Would struggle in the wet to, I doubt i would get anywhere near 100 in the wet there thats for sure.

But yes, in the dry id imagine most cars could get 100 on the first straight, you need some sort of power to do it on the next one as the your coming out of the chicane slow its all about ponies to the next corner. 

The last one starts at that late apex left, but the 100 will come up as you pass the kink/right after the S. This one has a higher than average difficulty rating.....

I would like to stress that nobody does try this tho, speedo watching on a trackday will lead to a crash. Im just using 100 as an example of the braking energy. It might be a slow track with lots of corners but it can work the brakes hard to. 

• Like 1