December orders club! pull up a chair, we could be here a while

I order cruise control on mine and the dealer called me today to tell me that skoda uk are covering the cost means I won't have to pay for it!

Edited by Crogers

I order cruise control on mine and the dealer called me today to tell me that skoda uk are covering the cost mans I won't have to pay for it!

I wonder if my dealer will be as honest!!

What did you order?

VRS TDi Estate with winter pack, cruise, sunset glass

So all the options there seem to be short supply of parts for....

You mention cruise control that of course is now standard on a 2015 car.

Very true, although i'm paying 2014 prices for a 2015 car (I believe they are £400 more expensive now?)

I wonder if they will refund the cost of my "option"?

I order cruise control on mine and the dealer called me today to tell me that skoda uk are covering the cost means I won't have to pay for it!

Result! I'll have a chat with mine and see what they say..

Order mines 30th Dec 13:

Octy blue estate vrs manual

All the extras under the sun (posh sat nav with DVD player) panaromic roof etc etc

Been built today confirmed by dealer; how long until I get my mits on it?

Welcome your comments

Thanks

Order mines 30th Dec 13:

Octy blue estate vrs manual

All the extras under the sun (posh sat nav with DVD player) panaromic roof etc etc

Been built today confirmed by dealer; how long until I get my mits on it?

Welcome your comments

Thanks

Well mine was built on May 7th and I'm still waiting so who knows !

Well mine was built on May 7th and I'm still waiting so who knows !

Mine was built on the 15th of May and I've had it a week now, so a lot depends on luck!

And its in the house!!

Just picked up my TDI DSG vRS estate, what can I say its fantastic, its quiet to drive, a massive improvement over the Mk2 and the DSG is cracking, it is going to be a pleasure to drive.

• Like 1

And its in the house!!

Just picked up my TDI DSG vRS estate, what can I say its fantastic, its quiet to drive, a massive improvement over the Mk2 and the DSG is cracking, it is going to be a pleasure to drive.

So excited for you buddy! Any pics? What colour did you get?  :clap:

Bucks, I got an email from SUK today saying my 14th November order is at the port too. Might be in the same boat as you, figuratively and literally!

Excellent news mate, I wonder who will get their car first? What have you got on order?

Excellent news mate, I wonder who will get their car first? What have you got on order?

I'll post a pic when I finally get it; Meteor grey vrs tsi estate, Amundsen, canton, colour maxidot and cruise (might also be asking the dealer about the cost of cruise as they confirmed it is an my15 build)

Mine was delivered today.

Ordered a VRS TDI Hatch, Meteor Grey, Cruise, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Space Saver, and COLUMBUS with Colour Maxi dot though a lease company through work early to mid December.

Today I got delivered a VRS TDI Hatch, Meteor Grey, Cruise, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Space Saver, Colour Maxi Dot and AMUNDSEN :'( .

Had to refuse to accept it. It was a **** up by the lease company. Am now waiting to hear back from them on what they are going to do, but it looks like its going to have to be a brand new order with what Skoda are quoting as a 4 and half month lead time.

Absoutely gutted is an understatement. :heartbreak:

Have waited over 6 months for this car, and then it comes wrong! Apparently the dealer is unable to swap out the different nav units, and can only be done by factory when built. Sounds like such a small thing to refuse the car over, but I ordered the Columbus because that was what I wanted. This lease is for 4 years, so I'll have to live with whatever I choose for that long.

It looked soooooo good when it got here too :envy:

I agree that your correct in rejecting it.

Not what you ordered - end of!

IMO they should do as others have suggested where there's been similar occurrences… and let you use that car or an equal or similar vehicle until your correctly built and specified car turns up.

Could you not get the lease company to agree to do the replacement head unit work at a dealer? Just a thought.

Sent from my S5 using Tapatalk

Its not about getting people to agree to it, it seems it's just not possible to change the head unit from one type to another on the new Octavias. This is presumably to people retrofitting them. I don't know  what it is that stops them (whether it is physical sizes of the units, or ecu coded or somthing like that) but the dealer said (after checking with a Skoda workshop apparently) that is can't be done.

I agree that your correct in rejecting it.

Not what you ordered - end of!

IMO they should do as others have suggested where there's been similar occurrences… and let you use that car or an equal or similar vehicle until your correctly built and specified car turns up.

Thing is with that, is that the dealer ordered the correct car from what the lease company ordered. It was the lease company that messed up the order. They are in the process of sending me a hire car, while they sort it out. I presume they will give me a car from their stock while I wait eventually. Hopefully this lease company have a bit of clout with Skoda, as they order so many cars with them, and are able to hurry my order along.

I would have loved for them to have left that car for me to use. That would have been great. If it had been a normal private dealer sale then that is what I would have argued for.

I had a provisional build date of week 29 my dealer checked the system today now I don't have a build date. Not too fussed as i was expecting the car around December time.

Mine was delivered today.

Ordered a VRS TDI Hatch, Meteor Grey, Cruise, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Space Saver, and COLUMBUS with Colour Maxi dot though a lease company through work early to mid December.

Today I got delivered a VRS TDI Hatch, Meteor Grey, Cruise, Black Pack, Winter Pack, Space Saver, Colour Maxi Dot and AMUNDSEN :'( .

Had to refuse to accept it. It was a **** up by the lease company. Am now waiting to hear back from them on what they are going to do, but it looks like its going to have to be a brand new order with what Skoda are quoting as a 4 and half month lead time.

Absoutely gutted is an understatement. :heartbreak:

Have waited over 6 months for this car, and then it comes wrong! Apparently the dealer is unable to swap out the different nav units, and can only be done by factory when built. Sounds like such a small thing to refuse the car over, but I ordered the Columbus because that was what I wanted. This lease is for 4 years, so I'll have to live with whatever I choose for that long.

It looked soooooo good when it got here too :envy:

That must have been absolutely gutting mate, so sorry to hear this! :(

I'll post a pic when I finally get it; Meteor grey vrs tsi estate, Amundsen, canton, colour maxidot and cruise (might also be asking the dealer about the cost of cruise as they confirmed it is an my15 build)

Any news yet mate?

Sorry for adding into this thread as I did not order mine in December but end of March, had a an update last month to say September but had another today to say mid August. If that is to be believed then that would make it 4 1/2 months which isn't too shabby! So all things being equal should have before end of summer but not for my holidays which is a bit of a shame. I personally think the issue with December orders was the huge take up of the finance deal on offer, victim of it's own success which created a build back log. 

Octavia Estate vRS vRS 2_0 TDI 184 PS DSG.htm