Very sad news...Elderly man dies in car crash on A90 at Petterden

59Hopper

image.jpg??

I saw this news report online today, it's very upsetting and makes you appreciate how accidents can happen even in newer high safety rated cars. 

The 85-year-old driver was trapped in the silver Skoda Citigo for around half an hour after it was in collision with a red Seat Altea,

driven by a 71-year-old woman on the southbound carriageway near the junction with Petterden on Friday.

The man was unconscious with a head injury when the emergency services arrived and paramedics fought to save his life while firefighters removed the roof of the silver Skoda Citigo.

Once he was removed from the car on a spinal board, the elderly driver was placed in an ambulance where he was treated for some time by the trauma team before being taken to Ninewells Hospital.

However it was later announced that he had tragically died.

The female driver of the other car was also taken to Ninewells Hospital by ambulance but was only slightly injured.

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/news/local/dundee/elderly-man-dies-in-car-crash-on-a90-at-petterden-1.175178

Edited by 59Hopper

I was sad to hear of the accident, i know the location well, such a dangerous junction  coming from Glamis and heading South.

and any death is sad and i feel for family and friends.

But today i read the name of the Gentleman that died.

Mr. Alistair Cochrane-Dyet.   Just a wonderful man. such a loss and my regrets go to everyone that knew and loved him.

He came to our school when i was 15 years old to do a Recruitment Talk,

It might of been for the Apprenticeships for the Ship Yard in Dundee, or the Merchant Navy, even the Navy, or anything else, that i can not remember, (he did work for the Ship Yard)

Because it is just really Mr. A.A.A. Cochrane-Dyet i remember, and have ever since that day,

someone that just was encouraging us to go out, get a job, train and travel.

The man was wonderful and as i read tributes to him today and all he has done for communities & people  i feel so sad for his Family and friends.

& Best wishes for the lady involved in the accident as well.

george

• Like 1