Hello from wrexham

Jonnyc1989

From Wrexham you say!?!!

Welcome! You may see me about, as I live in Wrexham too :-)

I'm new on here too. Seems to be a few red mk1 fabia vrs knocking around N Wales, I also have one (currently standard) but you might see me nearer to Hawarden though if you've ever heard of the place. Hope I see you round, need some inspiration to get me started

I'm new on here too. Seems to be a few red mk1 fabia vrs knocking around N Wales, I also have one (currently standard) but you might see me nearer to Hawarden though if you've ever heard of the place. Hope I see you round, need some inspiration to get me started

There's a few in Wrexham, but mine's the only real modded one that I know of.

Indeed I have heard of Hawarden.... I used to work at Airbus! I pass through Mold a lot on my current commute, and sometimes go down the A55 instead. So keep your eyes peeled!

What are you modding plans? Can meet up some time if you want some inspiration...! ;-)

There's a few in Wrexham, but mine's the only real modded one that I know of.

Indeed I have heard of Hawarden.... I used to work at Airbus! I pass through Mold a lot on my current commute, and sometimes go down the A55 instead. So keep your eyes peeled!

What are you modding plans? Can meet up some time if you want some inspiration...! ;-)

Ahh Mold, I do (quite unfortunately) have a part time job in a well known fast food joint on the roundabout when I'm not at uni. I will keep a look out, shouldn't be too hard to see you coming.

I'm thinking of starting quite simple (I want to be able to do most of the work myself) so getting it looking a bit sharper - a splitter, getting rid of the awful chrome and possibly coilovers to begin with. I also think a remap and some bigger brakes wouldn't hurt. Looks like you've already done most of that on yours already, any thoughts on what's good/bad etc. I'm a student some of the time so next few weeks I'm down in Birmingham but I may take you up on that if I'm struggling for ideas when I'm home

Ahh Mold, I do (quite unfortunately) have a part time job in a well known fast food joint on the roundabout when I'm not at uni. I will keep a look out, shouldn't be too hard to see you coming.

I'm thinking of starting quite simple (I want to be able to do most of the work myself) so getting it looking a bit sharper - a splitter, getting rid of the awful chrome and possibly coilovers to begin with. I also think a remap and some bigger brakes wouldn't hurt. Looks like you've already done most of that on yours already, any thoughts on what's good/bad etc. I'm a student some of the time so next few weeks I'm down in Birmingham but I may take you up on that if I'm struggling for ideas when I'm home

Do you do the drive-through at all?! Haven't used Mold's for quite a while though, but I do pass there most days in the week. You'll probably hear it coming before seeing it though ha ha!

As for beginning with the mods, I think the general 'Stage 1' route is probably your best bet. That would consist of uprated brakes (312mm fronts off a Golf/TT/Octavia etc...), coilovers, rear anti-roll bar (which most say makes a big difference to eliminating understeer), and a Stage 1 remap to finish off. I'm in the process of upgrading both front and rear brakes on mine, as they definitely need it now!!

People on here will bicker over which mod is best to start off with. I got coilovers first, but absolutely loved my remap when I had it done! With regards to the map, please choose wisely! I use Ant at AP Automotive in Telford (he's advertises on this site), and can 100% vouch for his work and service. He's a dealer for Shark Performance, whose maps are really good and are designed to help preserve your standard clutch and turbo. I'm back at AP next weekend for a tweak to my current map after fitting my intercooler.

No probs just give me a shout if you want to have a look sometime you're gonna be in Mold.