Alex's mk1 Fabia

Alex529

Google maps says about 2.5 hours so a bit too far!, cheers anyway but I'm thinking of getting a mufflermectromy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wrapped the grill again today, went alot better than last time and have finally got rid of the green, just waiting on some mesh and tiger seal to be delivered then the front end will be sorted :)

IMG_3919.jpg

Yep, basically when I crashed I lost the grills that were made for the GT front bumper and they are rare to buy so it's on with the standard grills behind it atm but they get in the way so the bumper doesn't sit flush. Which will be sorted when I put my own mesh in :)

• 4 weeks later...

Had a go at putting the mesh on my GT front bumper, was quite tricky as you couldn't have much over or it got in the way of the clips so had to trim my original bumper down a little in the middle.

I cut them all to size then placed them on the clips and used tiger seal to bond it to the bumper. It isn't brilliant but certainly looks a lot better than the standard ones :)

IMG_4374.jpg

IMG_4375.jpg

IMG_4377.jpg

Looking great! I really like the GT bumper (I may get rocks thrown at me, but I personally prefer it to the VRS one)! When you say you attached the mesh to the clips, do you mean the clip holes inside the bumper where the old sticky out clips of the standard grilles slot in? If you get what I mean.. haha. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Cheers guys can't wait to get everything done, getting the interior sorted in the next couple months so few updates to come.

I struggled to get a decent condition rear vrs bumper in the same colour, took me a while. You'd have to get yours sprayed with your colour too, I don't think it would matter about the front you could always get that sorted at a later date!

• Like 1

No probs mate :) sweet look forward to the updates. Hopefully have a few updates myself soon with interior and alloys :)

My Dad sprays motorbikes so I should be able to get I sprayed just reckon it will look silly with a standard front bumper. Does it not sit lower than the standard one?

Sounds good:)

I'm not really sure may be a bit lower and wider but you could look for the vrs front bumper or gt one first to get the front sorted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...

Fitted a momo 280 wheel today and a new fabia badge for the back (taking the old one off left marks so decided to just leave a badge there)

Took the spacers off the back as it kept scrubbing. hopefully sorting out the stance when it comes to better weather, hope to have 20mm on the back with a bit of camber, 15mm on the fronts and go a bit lower on the coilovers.

IMG_5825.jpg

IMG_5823.jpg

IMG_5826.jpg

Edited by Alex529
  • Like 2