Need to sell Felicia, what do you think it's worth?

Mike, your story sounds so sad. 

Give it to your son - surely a free car is better than having to go and earn some money to buy his own car? These things are indestructible, they handle well (with comical body roll) and can go quite far off tarmac too. They're quite simple to own, run and modify. Be such a shame to see it scrapped. 

It's so uncool owning a skoda though, you can see his point, he probably wants a Saxo VTR or something similar, I get laughed at in my felicia by idiots in 'fast' cars up until the point I open up the taps to full bore and burn them a new poop hole..

My grandad had a felicia magic which got offered to me free as a 17 year old, alas I declined, crazy of me now I think of it, the car must have only been a few years old back then and worth a few quid still, my pride would not let me be seen in a skoda back then, I had my credibility to think about so I ended up with a ****ty Renault 5 that leaked, wouldn't start often, bits fell off daily.

here's the deal breaker, tell him you'll inure it if he takes the skoda, but he's on his own if he sources his own car, this will probably focus his mind enough to come round to your way of thinking.

We were going to give it to our Son, free, gratis.

I think he looked around at insuring it and was put off with the VERY HIGH quotes as it's a 1.3 litre. As he has failed his theory twice he kind of lost interest and hasn't had any driving lessons since.

As we follow the aircooled vw's (hence my 1967 LHD Beetle based VW Wizard Roadster), he fancies some ratted shed of a car that he's not afraid to scratch/scrape but his mind changes on a daily basis.

Thanks for all the comments guys (not forgetting any gals that maybe reading this).

• 9 months later...

This topic has left me so depressed! I am looking to offload my beloved Felicia to someone who will appreciate it for the awesome vehicle that it is...thought that maybe Briskoda was the place to find that person but its not looking promising!!! This throw-away society that we live in does my head in. A perfectly good, functioning car with low mileage and a clean bill of health will probably end up at the scrappers, simply because it doesn't look 2014. It sucks. 

@lox

I understand you perfectly.

there are a few things I would like to comment.

any car has a market value and a sentimental value.

the cold fact is that it is very hard to find a buyer ready to bring cash close to sentimental value.

I love my Felicia to death and I would like to see 'modern' cars lasting in such good shape.

as for the market value... it is too depressing to even mention it.

furthermore, our government introduced 4 months ago a so called 'environmental tax' that basically has to be payed by every buyer of a new or used car.

the tax for a 1997 Felicia is 450 Euro  :wall:

but I see many new Euro 4/5 cars that stink of unburnt fuel while my nonEuro car is smell free...

what chances are a buyer would pay that tax on top of the price of the car?

zero.

so anyways, I see 2 options for your car.

1) the kind gift

- give it as a gift to a relative, or to a less fortunate young student, mom, etc.

2) the somehow profitable deal

- sell parts from it on ebay or in here.

some old factory parts are much better than new 3rd party parts.

if I would live close to you I would help you strip it nicely.

3) a vikings death. I know nothing about the rules/ conformity, but it cant be more than £200-300 for stock car preparation (a race seat/ belts/ roll hoop/ fire extinguisher). I've already decided I will do this the net time I'm faced with an old friend I want to replace.

Remove/ sell the lights/ trim/ interior, and take it on one final glorious journey you will never forget. It'll still be worth the same in scrap weight once its been crashed/ bashed about. Or throw a tarp over it and keep as a winter/tip/offspring threat car/ Its a common or garden Felicia, be reasonable, no one is going to love it like you do, to a new driver, it represents £2000/annum insurance premiums and £200 ticket, before maintenance and fuel. it'll be neglected, or thrashed, but most probably broken up and sold for spares.

This topic has left me so depressed! I am looking to offload my beloved Felicia to someone who will appreciate it for the awesome vehicle that it is...thought that maybe Briskoda was the place to find that person but its not looking promising!!! This throw-away society that we live in does my head in. A perfectly good, functioning car with low mileage and a clean bill of health will probably end up at the scrappers, simply because it doesn't look 2014. It sucks. 

Why are you selling it if its "beloved", "awesome", and has "low mileage and a clean bill of health"

Lox: is yours petrol or diesel? I live in Sheffield, and my lovely diesel Felicia was in a head on disagreement with a lorry on a country lane near Chesterfield this morning. The Felicia lost the argument, and I'd love to replace it with another. It had 'only' done 202900 miles! Much prefer the chug chug chug of the diesels to the petrol version.

Um. Also, anyone looking for a perfectly good 1.9 diesel Felicia engine?

I recently tried to sell my 1997 1.3 with 93k miles on the clock. No interest on ebay or gumtree at £250. Scrapping it now, been offered £138 on reward recycling.

Dont suppose your thinking of breaking it, i wouldnt mind a 1.3 gear box as mine is toast.