Wet drivers floor puddle on sill rubber?

I know a few people have the same problem, I can see where mine is leaking in but I just don,t know what the problem is, membrane or door rubber.

When I open my drivers door, the door rubber along the bottom sill is all wet with a small puddle, and I can see a water mark from the rubber puddle coming in and going down the plastic to the drivers floor.

Can anyone tell me if its membrane or rubber without me removing the door card for nothing if its the door rubber.

I can say I,m 98% sure the door card has never been off as I bought the car off a friend of mine and I,m pretty sure the card will never have been off, I,ve had the car for 6 years without this issue up to now

Cheers guys

I know a few people have the same problem, I can see where mine is leaking in but I just don,t know what the problem is, membrane or door rubber.

When I open my drivers door, the door rubber along the bottom sill is all wet with a small puddle, and I can see a water mark from the rubber puddle coming in and going down the plastic to the drivers floor.

Can anyone tell me if its membrane or rubber without me removing the door card for nothing if its the door rubber.

I can say I,m 98% sure the door card has never been off as I bought the car off a friend of mine and I,m pretty sure the card will never have been off, I,ve had the car for 6 years without this issue up to now

Cheers guys

There is no 100% way to tell you for defo where water is coming from as it is wet on the door rubber that rules out scuttle panel etc.

So it can only be door panel membrane or door rubber or the door drainage holes.

I would drop water into outside of door and see if the drainage holes are working and if water is coming out of panel between door and where panel joins. Then see what you find

The plastic membranes are glued along the edge from new. I also had water sitting on the door seal when mine was leaking. After removing the door card, it was obvious where the water was getting in. Right along the bottom edge the membrane had come away from the door. Whether its the door seal or the membrane, it maybe be better to take the card off anyway. This will give you a clear view of the door inside to see where the leak is.

Are the door cards difficult to take off and put back on?? Thanks for the advice, you might be right, I,ve been meaning to take it off as I have an issue with the drivers door not locking off the key fob, and the mirror not working, I was told its a connector at the bottom of the window that gets water in, not sure what I,m looking for but I need to have a look, I,ve just been putting it off lol

The drivers door problem you mention is the door latch micro switch failing. That is a very common problem. Bowders has a guide on how to fix/replace. Its pinned right at the top of the Octavia 1 section. Removing the door card is very easy to remove. 7 torx screws around the outside of the door. Remove door handle cover, twophilips screws in there. Remove tweeter cover, unplug that, unplug window switch, remove the philips screw that's in there. That's it. 10 minutes.