Dog guard and boot liners. Again!

My dealer fitted the factory on and TBH is is just fine.  Being bolted in means there is no likelyhood of the area around the boot being damaged the guard fidgettting when the car is in use.

we ordered the factory one but cancelled it when the dealer phoned and said they have to cut holes in the trim and headlining to fit it

I have the factory fitted Dog guard, however I am looking at a boot divider, there are a couple out there on the market and I am trying to find out if they will fit with the skoda do guard. For example, the travall divider says you MUST have the travall dog guard, is this just a money making soon or it it actually the case?

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Miz,

What's the guardsman one like? I have to say I was tempted but haven't got round to getting one yet.

I picked up the car yesterday, and collected the dog guard from the factory (Atherstone), I was in the Prius at the time, otherwise they would have fitted it for me whilst I was there.

I'm happy with it, it is secure and does not rattle, the only thing I have changed is the 4 bolts supplied to fasten it together were plated, I've fitted black bolts so they are not so obvious.

With shiney bolts.

image-M.jpg

With black bolts.

image-M.jpg

image-M.jpg

image-M.jpg

• 2 months later...

Hello everybody,

Is there someone that alredy installed a dog guard from Travall in O3 estate with panoramic sunroof. It's not listed under available products for this model and I got response from them that they don't have a model that will fit in my car. But I can't undertand what is the difference with and w/o panoramic sunroof as the guard is not fixed to the roof.

Edit: I think I found the answer- it won't fit because there's no enough space above the guard when you have a sunroof. The Golf estate owners reported the same issue and the solution is to move the mounting holes higher or cut the legs a bit and then the guard will fit perfectly.

Edited by animanic

Hello everybody,

Is there someone that alredy installed a dog guard from Travall in O3 estate with panoramic sunroof. It's not listed under available products for this model and I got response from them that they don't have a model that will fit in my car. But I can't undertand what is the difference with and w/o panoramic sunroof as the guard is not fixed to the roof.

Edit: I think I found the answer- it won't fit because there's no enough space above the guard when you have a sunroof. The Golf estate owners reported the same issue and the solution is to move the mounting holes higher or cut the legs a bit and then the guard will fit perfectly.

Its probably that the roof lining sits lower around the area the guard would be installed due to the gubbins for roof mechanism.

Edit...sorry should have read the remainder of your post properly haha

Edited by pipsyp

• 2 weeks later...

Just fitted my hatchbag liner and odour matt, tailored for low floor and canton. Very expensive purchase, £160 and it took a bit if sweating before i hit the buy button. Overall very impressed with quality and fit. Only issue is the 12v skt is now covered up. Shame as they have accomodated almost every other boot feature

• 1 year later...

I've just come across this thread while looking for options for load covers for my vRS estate when it's delivered. I've got a trans k9 b23 half width dog crate which I've had in my last 3 cars and will fit in the vRS too. I would recommend this to anybody over and above the dog guards fitted in this and other threads. The crate keeps your dog contained, no sliding around the boot, no climbing over the seats etc, reduces the fallout from a wet dog and more importantly are proven to save your dog should you be involved in a collision.

If you have only the one dog or a couple of small dogs the half sized crates give you plenty of room for other belongings (in my case our wellies and coats etc) while you cart Fido around. The cages, as they are lockable also double as secure in car storage

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I have the same question.  I'm guessing there are a few types of dog guard out there.  The one in my Mk2 is the same as this one in the photo.  Anyone successfully transferred one? 

Thanks

$_1.JPG