remapped cr mpg

what kind of mpg is everyone getting when on a motorway drive when not hanggin about? just gone up to the lakes and back roughly doing about between 70 and 80 with the odd burst of acceleration to overtake then droppin the speed back down and i was gettin about 44mpg. same kind of driving in my remapped fabia would give me about 47mpg. i would class this as real world driving rather then tootling at 60 just to get good ecomomy. also i was thinkin if was getting this kind of mpg what kind of mpg would a petrol vrs get driven in a simular manner? people who claim to see 40mpg in their petrol is all good when taking your time but you buy a fast car to drive it dont you? i counted 5 imprezas on the trip back all in the inside lane doin about 55. surly thats no fun.

kind of gone off on a tangent there, just alot of thoughts i had put into one thread.

just picked up a remapped vrs Octavia mrk 2

previous owner claimed a mpg of 34

motorways at 60-70 no problem

cold mornings with a short trip to work im lucky to hit 20 mpg

driving through town again 20 mpg

whooring it into 3 figures and its about 22 mpg

driving normally for a 30 mile drive with a few overtakes, a roads, town and dual carriage way 30 mpg

It's more town driving that I find gives poor economy on my tsi. Motorway journeys it will average high 30's sitting at 75-80mph. Went to cornwall in the summer....averaged 37mpg over the journey including motorway (75-80mph) , country roads (with a quite a few full throttle overtakes) and some town driving. Mine is remapped as well. I would say its more about having a smooth driving style than necessarily how high a speed your doing to an extent.

Mine (not modified) has averaged 43.6mpg (calculated NOT mpg readout) in 7 months and 7K miles.  Car has DSG.  Driving is usually a mix of short local trips, approx. 30 mile journeys on A roads and 100 mile journeys on motorway.  I don't drive it with economy in mind.  It's faster than my last car (2-litre petrol Civic) and still manages10½mpg more.

A 25-mile journey on A-roads, keeping to the limit saw 51½mpg on the readout and that included a few overtakes - I reckon the mpg readout is 5% optimistic so that 51½ is really nearer 49.  1500 miles in France when on holiday, and taking it fairly easy, yielded a calculated 48mpg.  

Easy call to insurance company, car gone on the back of a flatbed within an hour.

Gone to a local garage. Phone call later to say how long it will be and if a courtesy car is needed.

Pretty impressed really.

Had a Shark stage 1 on mine a couple of weeks now but cant seem to lay off the faster pedal long enough to test the mpg.

Before the remap I could get 60mpg on a 30 mile a-road commute at 50mph almost all the way. Definitely would not get 60mpg at 80 though. Ali's car with the power its got and the economy is incredible - or he may just be lying ;-)

That economy is no lie. Having no dpf frees up the exhaust, so no restriction means better economy as it takes less power to cruise it.

Round town i get about 35 ish and on a run I always expect 55+ it seems to have a sweet spot at 2500 revs tho where it runs the best.