columbus satnav

The only video files that will play are either shop bought DVD's or disks burnt using Nero or Roxio as DVD movies. The columbus does not play any other type of file, so no XVID, H264, DIVX, MP4 etc. only DVD film format.

Not sure this is totally true. I was able to play IronMan3 from my SD card.  In beautiful 1080p quality too (well it was coded to that anyway :think: ).

And I was also able to play some video files from my Samsung MP3 player too. 

Not sure exactly the format; I think MP4 or maybe AVI.  I will check when I next pull the SD card from the car  :hi:.

But for sure it was playing files NOT from a DVD!

I expect it depends on your SatNav version & vintage though :think:

Edited by Stuboyz

I see you have an Octavia III - The Columbus in that (if that is what you are referring to) is different to the Columbus fitted to previous generations of Skoda cars.

That may be why you could play them and we can't (despite what the manual says).