Mitsumi Connection Iphone 5 - when and how?

Anyone know when its out?

Also what extra functionality does the Mitsumi connection give through steering wheel etc over just using the phone through bluetooth

Just wondering if is should add it to my order or not

Cheers chaps

Oli

Mitsumi is nothing to do with using the phone, it's accessing the iphone/ipod full file system and allowing full control.  Doesn't do anything extra with the steering wheel controls.

I just received my cable from ebay (used). Genuine cable from Slovakia, part number:

5N0 035 554 F

It has a green collar.

I've found it works really well with the Iphone 5S and plays everything I've thrown at it while displaying the album art better than my old phone / SD card does.

I've also got the options to play video on the Amundsen but when I look for videos I haven't got any in the correct format. I know someone mentioned the formats that are possible (Neily???) but can't find where it was mentioned.

Not even sure if the videos are possible or I am just doing something wrong. 

Hopefully this helps someone.

Videos that worked on my ipod touch are MP4's iirc but i'll check tonight and confirm.

Cheers Neily

I must admit, I have most of my music on a 32Gb card, it's just nice to have your latest downloads from the iphone in case you haven't copied them over. Video is something I toy with but it would be good while waiting for my kids (which happens a lot!).

Just wondering if its worth getting Mitsumi.  

Sorry, don't know the maximum size but I bought the Mitsumi 'just in case' and as it turns out, I needed it!

Using Bluetooth audio can you not control the music using the in car system?

Yes but in a very limited fashion, I think playlists only...

How easy is the item in question to fit?

Factory fit only.

Videos that worked on my ipod touch are MP4's iirc but i'll check tonight and confirm.

Cheers Neily

I must admit, I have most of my music on a 32Gb card, it's just nice to have your latest downloads from the iphone in case you haven't copied them over. Video is something I toy with but it would be good while waiting for my kids (which happens a lot!).

Yes the movies on my ipod touch are MP4 and work fine on my Bolero through the Mitsumi.

• Like 1

Yes the movies on my ipod touch are MP4 and work fine on my Bolero through the Mitsumi.

Cheers Neily, mines are mp4 so looks like it isn't working. I will try some more files over the weekend and have a look, but that means using iTunes which I always try to avoid....