Navigon PID Car Info start up

Ryn

At the Start Screen when I select the Car Info command then the Trip Computer screen for either Since Start or Long Term the display of Average and Current Consumption and Distance Driven will not display at all until another function of the PID is selected (eg. Media, Navigation etc.). When a function is selected the display on the Car Info then works correctly.This is also the case with Engine Temperature and Rev Counter on the Status Display. 

The firmware and software have been loaded up to the latest versions. 

This is a problem I have had with this unit since new. It is more annoying than major and the dealer has been unable to correct it.

Is it a problem that is due to my not setting up the PID correctly or a design fault that others have with their units?

Mike. 

Is it connecting to the car correctly? It had bother with mine at first.

Failing that take it back to the dealers and demand another one. They won't want to do that as they have to buy these in separately and can't reuse them but something is wrong and IMO they should sort it.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.

The Navigon is updated to the current software and firmware version and the fault has always been present since new.

While I cannot say that I have always connected it correctly, for the length of time it has been happening it seems unlikely that I have never made the connection correctly.

It has been back to the dealers, when the service was done, and they checked the software levels and re-created the fault. Thanks for the advice I will ask them for a replacement when I can get round to it.

Regards,

Mike.